Capquest sending Statutory Demand..help please -**SD set aside**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You must get your costs....you need to strengthen your resolve and show the judge how angry and distressed you obviously are at receiving a frivolous demand especially so as the OFT warned another debt collection agency about this practice over a year ago - this is a warning to other debt collection agencies to comply or get a slap, Capquest obviously don't want to comply...using a stat demand as a debt collection tool is an abuse of the Insolvency service...especially so as they can't obviously be bothered to attempt personal service on you... - OFT imposes requirements on 1st Credit over debt collection practices - The Office of Fair Trading Show this to the judge if need be....Don't be a soft target....

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a bit concerned as have not heard from CQ since applying to set aside nd reading previous threads it seems that in a lot of cases they respond by mail? Have my form here for costs which I will be taking to the court tomorrow to comply woth the 24 hour before ruling

you will they have to send you a copies of there statement it will come a day or two before court if you havent had it just tell the judge another mark against them

as for the cost issue

i did ask for costs quite vigorously but if the judge says no thats it what else can you do

had my SD Set aside thanks to CAG

won with lowells thanks to CAG

dont ask me though these are the people to help:D

just that, and a late witness statement from UK26

but that was due to BD comments, as you havent had them or they might come today i wouldnt worry just put in you costs and see them tomorrow

I have included travel, day missed from work and 20 hours work on case including swearing affridavit total 281 does this seem a reasonable amount to apply for and have I missed anything off!!

what if I dont hear from Capquest? I am panicking now even though the debt is 10 years old and I know I have paid nothing for at least 8 years that they have something on me and may turn up - which I know never happens!! think I am just getting jittery now!

no thats fine

dont worry honest if they dont contact you they have to respond to the court,

the court will be on your side as your not a trained person and will show you what they sent, you will find its lost in the post to you or even the court,

honest i felt like you on monday and it was very painless and the help from everyone here was brill

if you read other threads about SD you see all the ones going to court win if they throw it out they get a letter from the court saying why so if your going i would recon your 90% there

Hi Jellybabe

Harrassed Senior has supplied you with the link to the set aside forms you need to complete. Once you have done that its finding your local court to swear in your affidavit (you can do that here: Her Majesty's Courts Service - Court Information and Addresses_) and set the ball rolling in getting a SD hearing date. Thats when you can sit down and digest all the other SD threads on here and get a good idea of what is next.

Most of the time, from my observations, once the dca involved recieves the court date, they realise that you are going to fight it. They already know that the debt is in dispute and therefore that in itself is a reason for the SD to be set aside.

At this point you normally get a letter saying that they dont intend attending court and that they will allow the sd to be set aside! Some people leave it at this, however if you dont get it set aside the DCA can still petition to make you bankcrupt within 14 months. It is best to get it set aside. Another trick is for the DCA to turn up out of the blue when they realise you are asking for costs in order to defend themselves so in my opinion it is always worth setting it aside and going for the jugular!

You then need to think about costs. If they hadnt sent you the SD you would not have been forced to get it set aside and do all the donkey work of investigating your rights, researching how do defend yourself, attend court etc etc.

Unfortunately only a small amount of people have found CAG, all the others will have contacted the DCA and made offers of payment. This is lucrative because it scares people, this is the reason they are sending them out like confetti. I believe for every one who gets their SD set aside there must be hundreds who just pay up.

I know saying dont worry is very easy to say, I was a nervous wreck the day I got my SD and I cried myself to sleep that night...i did a google search and found CAG, I was assured straight away that after a bit of work and research on my part that I could make this go away and get my life back.

As a result, the SD was set aside, the DCA was ordered to pay me costs and for the first time in my life I could open a savings account. Two years later I am debt free, I have a clean credit file and I can honestly say that it is down to the support and advice found here.

Even in the worst case scenario the SD will be set aside and the judge doesnt award you costs, you still have the knowledge that they cannot petition for that debt again and unless they come up with the CCA, notice of assignment etc they cannot enforce it.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Hi Monx,

Thank you for all your help.

Sorry for late reply, i am on nights at the moment.

I will try and have a look at those forms later and see what i will have to fill in. I haven't got a clue to be honest. This is all so confusing and scary.

Is there any templates that could assist me?

Well done on winning your case and looking at wheren you are now, it was well worth the hassle.

I wished i can be debt free at some point, my credit file is horrendous. But i'm sure i will get there at some point in my life.

I haven't managed to get hold of Mr Davies yet, and noted down the times and Dates when i tried so far.

Not sure where it is gone, i will keep looking for it, but at the moment i can't find teh application form they've sent me after i CCA'd Shop Direct ages ago. Would it be best to CCA Shop Direct and Capquest again, just in case??

Anyway, thanks for everyone's great advice, it is very much appreciated.

xx