Faulty iPod Touch Argos Won't Replace

The_Sherinator
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a 32gb iPod Touch 3G for the pricey sum of £216 early to mid June 2010. The screen has become a little loose. I have not dropped it. I carry it in a protective case and handle it with great care. After doing some Googling, it seems that it's quite a common fault. Apple have a one year guarantee with all their products. I have spoken to Argos about a replacement. They have told me that because it's just outside the 30 day period then the best they can do is send it away for repair. I have tried speaking to Apple but they're extremely difficult to get hold of and I can't afford to be on hold for over ten minutes at a time to them using my mobile phone! Do I have to accept a repair or should Argos replace it? They're being really subborn about it. Help!

argos are correct

a repair.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

To my understanding, a chance has to be given to the retailer to make things right and in this case a repair would not be unreasonable - if it wasn't repairable then a refund or replacement would become due.

Apple are one of those manufacturers that go above and beyond service usually. There are a few manufacturers whom its better to go directly to and Apple are one.

Book an appointment with Apple's Genius Bar online. They will have you fixed a heck of a lot quicker than Argos ever could.

This is a tricky one there 30 day policy is as i believe something to do with the acceptance time of the item that its free of defects. However in law there is no defined time for this so with some items you are going to use more than others. If you bought the item in june you are looking at a maximum of 2 months. One in your case could argue that the item is not something you use every day so it has taken this long for the fault which must be inheriant at time of purchase. Under the first six months the retailer must prove it is not an inheriant fault from time of purchase. Read up on Section 48A and B of the Sales of goods act

Hope this helps!!

• 3 months later...