Does anyone else get excited when a DCA calls?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had unplugged my recording gear after not having a call for over 6 months, then guess what? Phone call!!! A asked them to call back later, as I really was missing their fun correspondence but alas, they didn't :(

100% with the OP, I started getting frustrated with them, then having a laugh at their expense (I tried for a battle of wits with one, but I realized it's not nice to pick on the unarmed) and then eventually no calls... for about a month I felt pretty good about it, but now I really miss the fun :(

Oh well, such is life!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I had unplugged my recording gear after not having a call for over 6 months, then guess what? Phone call!!! A asked them to call back later, as I really was missing their fun correspondence but alas, they didn't :(

100% with the OP, I started getting frustrated with them, then having a laugh at their expense (I tried for a battle of wits with one, but I realized it's not nice to pick on the unarmed) and then eventually no calls... for about a month I felt pretty good about it, but now I really miss the fun :(

Oh well, such is life!

Deffo unfair to pick on the unarmed. well they are armed with a script if that counts.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Really enjoyed this thread so far! Oh how I wish they would stop ringing or I was able to answer the phone calls and make them suffer...alas i usually get quite upset so I tend to avoid the calls because I know I don't have enough knowledge to back me up.

Does anybody know of a thread that might have useful information and witty ways for those who might just want to brave taking them on? :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca.html is a long long read (give yourself a couple of days :p... worth every minute)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Stereo post there Thai LOL

Oh, and leilani you may also check the bits in Fuzzybobbles signature if you want an instant laugh!

----------------------------------------------

Fuzzybobble - 40 DCA's - 0

----------------------------------------------

These are video links to show how I deal with DCA's

Fuzzybobble + Judge Judy = DCA confusion.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XME7X3FehBk

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&featu re=related

NEW VIDEO....

Fuzzybobbles first amusing court case video

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oA2HuglVwgg

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&featu re=related

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

think we'll have kept leilani busy for the next few hours :p

Seriously that thread does also have a lot of legal points and shows how low the DCA's really are!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

well I had another call from MIL today so i did right things asking all the questions and I got a response like fuzzybobble did, I got to get a crime number, go to police as well, (errrrrrr I would need to go to police first to get a crime number) then post it back with my addresses for last 6 years and a photocopy of my driving licence (I dont drive thats going to be tricky one) then send it to them hmmmmmm only thing they didnt ask for was my mums maiden name, at least when i win on Nigerian Lotto you know its a con, these actions are very highly questionable, all because I said I dont owe the money. next call will be on speaker phone and linked to webcam/microphone for posting on youtube

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

winding them up on the phone (which they record) might be funny at the time but

a/ you might not be as legally knowledable as you think- and drop yourself in it

and

b/ if they submitted a transcript to a court in any future proceedin gs it would not endear you to the judge

try and be professional even if they cant- that's your trump card- you don't need to "prove" you know more than them on the phone

Yeah, I agree that unless you have a serious dispute on the account to play nice, however if they are silly enough to break the rules and contact you by phone AFTER the account is in dispute, they deserve to have their time wasted and made a fool of. Incidentally, I normally start a conversation with "this call is being recorded for any purpose I see fit, by carrying on with this conversation you agree."

Another little game I play is silences. Try to add as many awkward silences into a call (they try to build a rapport with you, because it's harder to refuse a friend... typical sales technique. Silences disrupt this in their mind and leave them on edge a lot more), and if you have no intention of discussing an account, and if you have requested all correspondence in writing (as everyone should), never enter into their "security" dialogs. Thats a place where they will also ask some questions that they don't have on you, like "can I take your mobile phone number" :roll: Instead, question why it's for your security to give a total stranger who you suspect to be an identity thief personal details! (I also see if I can get information out of them without going through security, and then tell them I'm going to complain to the information commissioner and providing my recording equipment is connected, I do! :p)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

well MIL again ring and guess what I was reading this bit so I did what locutus suggested. The silences were the best one it totally fooled him all I got was hello hello hello, then I would say hello silence again...that got him irate very irate. I then said can I have your name and your postcode for secruity purposes.....that really threw him he said no I ask that *LMAO* I said but its for you secruity and its data protection......he hung up

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

LOL and lots of fun was had by all (well... maybe not MIL, but they don't really count do they?)

The security is a strange one... how can they justify giving your details to someone over the phone as being "for your security"?

I prefer answering "for my security, I want all correspondence in writing" and then anything they say I interrupt with "all correspondence in writing" (and in a slightly different tone each time)

Alas I've not had a call in over 6 months now :(

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Long time no see huggy :D Hope you are well!

I've only had one call since I got the equipment to record calls, and that call the equipment wasn't plugged in :(

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I didn't get a chance to be cheeky to one set of lowlife - they rang my neighbour 2 doors away and asked her if she knew whether or not Mr Blackadder lived here.

As my neighbour and I are good friends and she knows about my problems, she had the sense to say that she had no idea who lived 2 doors up as she rarely has time to speak to anyone! When she asked who was calling, the caller apparantley got quite shirty and hung up.

Shows the b*stards are still up to their old tricks, as I thought this sort of thing wasn't allowed.

It's not.

If your neighbour is willing to confirm this to the authorities, you should make a complaint to the OFT and your local Trading Standards.

My neighbour couldn't get out of the caller who he was calling from as he wouldn't tell her before hanging up, so we can't really make a complaint.

I suppose that's why the caller wouldn't give any details, because he knew he was in the wrong!

winding them up on the phone (which they record) might be funny at the time but

a/ you might not be as legally knowledable as you think- and drop yourself in it

and

b/ if they submitted a transcript to a court in any future proceedin gs it would not endear you to the judge

try and be professional even if they cant- that's your trump card- you don't need to "prove" you know more than them on the phone

Cabot tried this one with me and used a set of call log notes in their disclosure to try to discredit Mrs Pookey in her Court case.

Unfortunately for them the call log was a gift for me as they had been harrassing me on the phone for her debt and I had told them from day one that it was my phone line, which was ex directory, paid for by me, I had no intention of passing messages for them and did not want them calling my number. This is all documented on the call log.

I asked them to remove my number.

I then told them on the next call that by them calling me I took this to mean that they would like me to abuse Cabot staff, and from the next call onwards all they would get from me is abuse.

They kept phoning so I kept abusing!

The number was removed from their system but then reinstated ( the call log confirms this) so the abuse continued until eventually it stopped.

I am now going to use the call log as part of my complaint to OFT as it speciffically states on the first contact that this number does not belong to Mrs Pookey, but they continued to call morning, noon and night to harrass me.

They eventually wrote to Mrs Pookey!!!!

I am also going to submit a witness statement in her Court case pointing out the error of their ways and the stress that it caused myself and our relationship when I asked why this company kept calling for her.

I hope this will help the judge to realise this should have no bearing on the case.

Pookey

Edited by pookeymonkey
My bad spelling!

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!