Arnold Clark are a disgrace

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rang AC this morning to make enquiries about a car. I was told they would ring me back in 10 minutes. That was about 2 hours ago. Do they also have trouble telling the time?

Take it as a blessing in disguise and go elsewhere.

Odd though, the non return of calls usually only starts once you've actually parted with your cash.

I bought a Focus a few years ago from them. Couldn't get rid of the salesman for days, pestering me by phone. I decided to go ahead and get it. Noticed an issue with the paperwork and left many messages for him to call me. No call.

Eventually after 4 days I left a message for him. Simply said. 'Stick the deal up your arse'. He called me within 10 mins.

Usual BS really, he offered his most sincere apologies for not returning my calls, the messages must have blown off his desk as it was right next to the showroom door.

He lost out in the end as I asked him to remove all the 'special things' from my order that he had sneakily added on such as the extended warranty, service plan and something else I can't remember. His commission disappeared in front of his weedy little eyes.

Also turned out that his 'One owner from new, well looked after car' was an ex AC rental car. Yeah, one owner, 6,000 drivers.

Two years later I foolishly went back to AC to look at another car. In the 5 months I actually had it, it was back to AC 6 times for the same issues.

I've now learned. Never again will I give them any business.

The dealership makes a huge amount of difference.

Whoever you go with, make sure you Google your chosen car affixed with 'problems' before you commit to buying. Personal opinion after working on them for 40 years, French cars are crap.

Does the dealership make any difference? I'm looking for a Renault. Anywhere else I can go in Scotland?

I rang AC this morning to make enquiries about a car. I was told they would ring me back in 10 minutes. That was about 2 hours ago. Do they also have trouble telling the time?

If you read your posts again, I think you have answered your own question.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week i advertised an article for sale on Gumtree. I had 10 people who came to view. On seeing the sticker on my car ALL TEN stated that they had had a bad experience with various branches of Clark's.

The guy who bought my article said (LIKE ME) he even had trouble getting work done under manufacturers warranty!!!!!! Wife hanging at the calving--car at Clark's for 5 days before they eventually said that by removing a fuse the car would go until a new part arrived. How brilliant can you get???

WILL MERC CUSTOMERS PUT UP WITH THIS LEVEL OF SERVICE??????????

arnold shark--never again.