Bryan carter started court action despite case against Lloyds stayed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

update:

i have held of filing my defence to see what response i get from Bryan Carters.

I have recieved 3 letters in 1 envelope responding to my cpr requests.

letter1:

in relation to your part 31.14 request, we have submitted this to our client but will require an extension of time to comply. We confirm that we agree an extension of time for you to file your defene until the 10th f september 2010 if we have not provided you with a copy of the agreement by 3rd of September please revert to us and we will agree a further extension subject to the courts approval.

thats not for them to decide the judge does that!

letter2:

Thank you for your second letter. We have requested the information you seek from our client and will respond as soon as we are in a position to do so.We will require an extension of time in order to comply and request a further 28 days. In the meantime we have referred your request to our client and will revert to you in due course.

same as above.

Letter3:

Thank you for your recent letter. We are instructed by our client Phoeix Recoveries (uk) limited and in an attempt to settle this matter before hearing and in order to avoid either party incurring further costs, we confirm on a without prejudice basis that we are prepared to withdraw provided that there is no order as to costs.

hehe in other words stuffed!!! well done. you won.

If you agree to this proposal please sign the bottom of this letter and return it to us as soon as possible.

what do people make of all this?????

Shall i call the court Monday morning to ask if the claimant has agreed an extension? just in case it is trying to fool me into not filing my defence in time.

And what does the 3rd letter mean?

not my exact game but i think thats it. another victory for cag:D

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well done on their withdrawal.

re letter 3 - i think they are basically saying, 'without prej', that if you don't apply for costs, then they will withdraw?

(be wary though that as a defence has not been filed, there may not be the protection afforded by cpr 38.7 re them making another claim later on!?)

Edited by Ford
typo

Thanks DX200uk & Ford

It seems good news, but i need to make sure i dont let thenm sneak a judgement against me.

I am thinking of sending a letter to them saying that I will accept their proposal on the understanding that i hear no more of this alleged debt.

The one thing that worries me is they ask me to sign the letter and send it back. I dont like the idea of giving them my signature to forge.

The date of issue of the claim was 12th of July. So not sure when my The defence needs to be filed by (9th aug i think). So not sure if i will be able to get a response back in time from them about my ternms.

Also do I need to let the court know what i have recieved? Shall i send them copies to put in the case file?

Make your signature slightly different.. alternatively, sign over a grid of

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Adjust the colour of the grid to say, a mid grey or light yellow.

There is of course, CAG's SignGuard option. You will find a link under a lot of avatars. In fact there is a link under my disco kitty :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks Citizen i may try the grid idea.

The date of issue was 12-Jul so i have 28 + 5 days to file my defence.

So if i send a letter asking them to follow my terms of never hearing from them about this alleged debt, then get a reply and then respond again. It could be getting close to the deadline.

So would it be best for me to still file my defence?

This is the letter I plan to send in response.

Thank you for your letter of XX/XX/10.

I am writing in response to your clients proposal of withdrawal. I am willing to accept the proposal of withdrawal and to not ask the court for costs on the understanding that I never hear anymore of this alleged debt from Phoenix Recoveries or any other organization working for them. If I can have this confirmed in writing, I will be willing to sign the form and return to you.

Hopefully this can all be completed by XXX the XXth, as this is when my defence needs to be filed.

Yours sincerely,

it would be nice to get it removed from cra too?

don't know if that can be linked in to it anyhow?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is the letter I plan to send in response.

Thank you for your letter of XX/XX/10.

I am writing in response to your clients proposal of withdrawal. I am willing to accept the proposal of withdrawal and to not ask the court for costs on the understanding that I never hear anymore of this alleged debt from Phoenix Recoveries or any other organization working for them. If I can have this confirmed in writing, I will be willing to sign the form and return to you.

Hopefully this can all be completed by XXX the XXth, as this is when my defence needs to be filed.

Yours sincerely,

Send it by recorded delivery and keep a copy for yourself.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I sent the letter recorded delivery on Monday 2nd August.

I'm not sure whether I should still put my defence in now or wait til it gets closer to the deadline.

The claim was issued on the 12th of July so I think i need to get the defence in by the 9th (that is 28 days).

It is worth asking the court to make sure you are clear on the deadline. Also mention that Bryan Carter has said they will withdraw and ask if the court has heard anything about this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Well, I issued my defence on the 10th of August. I sent Bryan Carter's a letter staing that I would not pursue costs if they agreed that this will be last that I ever heard of this apparent debt. The only response I recieved was the same letter again asking me to sign the statement agreeing to not pursue costs, but with also a stamp addressed envelope inside. I decide to let them stew on it and never sent the envelope back.

I then recieved a letter from the court saying they now have 28 days to respond to my defence.

It has now been well over 28 days and I have heard no more, also the mcol site still has no more updates!!

surely the court should now throw out the claim as they have not responded!! or do I have to instruct the court to do something???

• 8 months later...

Hi,

Bryan Carter finally wrote to me last year explaining that they will no further be proceeding with this case lasy year.

But I never did anymore about this, I just looked on the mcol website and saw this case is still open.

It just shows that the last action is the defence was recieved i August of last year.

Do I need to dosomething now to close the case?, DoI need to write to the court and ask for the case to be struck out?

Dan

Hi Dan

Did you never receive a Notice of Discontinuance from the Claimant? The claim may not necessarily be active just because its still showing on MCOL

It may be stayed because of no response to your defence and for it to resurrected he would have to pay a fee and give great explanation

as to that non response. Alternatively you could make application to strike out the claim N244 but there will be a fee unless you are exempt.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

thanks AndyOrch

I recieved a letter which just read:

Please be advised the county court claim No. ******** has been discontinued.

Signed Bryan Carter

I don't believe he will resurrect the claim now as if he had a case, he would of carried on last time. but i would hate to lose the case later down the line on a technicality of me not striking the case out. But I also don't believe I should have to pay out either.

Can you strike out the case and them claim back costs?

Dan

phone the court and ask what the is going on

dx

and they

it seems that this is becoming/is common practice by BC (saying that it has been discon when maybe it hasn't?). official complaints in order?

Edited by Ford
typo

If it is still live on their system just send them a copy of the NoD, no need to strike out Dan.

That should be the end of the matter, keep that NoD safe!!!!!

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This is why it is useful to have a spare account where you can keep x amount in for untrustworthy sources.

I have three accounts, one for money going in, one for the rent and household bills and one for the internet and untrustworthy sources, that way my main income source isn't at risk. Since setting up this system I've managed to stay out of major financial difficulties.

Thanks Gallahad, can you click my star please? I haven't had any clicks for a while now!

The best form of attack for the likes of Mr Carter (and another firm in Wimbledon) is to make it very difficult for them, they will then 'run away' and pick on easier prey. Hopefully though with the internet more widely available people will google the name first and end up here and on other forums.

By the way the 'house' bank account can also be used to prove that you contribute, pay rent/mortgage etc for DWP/DSS/Tax purposes... very useful to keep track of 'actual' expenses. I would keep food out of this account though unless you have a joint contribution to the food bill. It's more of an account for 'priority' debts than a 'spending' account.

• Confused 2