Varde/Brachers claimform - MBNA card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?274619-Cabot-Halifax-Credit-Card-Cabot-now-started-Court-Action-Help-Please-***SETTLED***/page45

Ok, there should be a draft of a Tomlin Order request in the thread above.

I dont have time to search for the post at the moment. I have scrolled back to post 441 so if you want to start looking from there, backwards, then it shouldnt be too far .

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks CitizenB.

That particular post is a bit more than I was intending to say. I was hoping to just make an offer of an amount and a payment per month until the amount is cleared. I don't really want to get into reams and reams of expenses and income. I'm sure elsewhere I've seen "offer" letters that include just that without prejudice etc. etc. I realise the guy in the letter is pleading health problems an such but would I need a reason for my letter or just the fact that i want the action to stop?

I don't think many Caggers are legally qualified although I have no idea if Andy etc are.

Most are just normal people trying to help based on their own experience.

Yeah I realise this and understand this is one of the reasons they like us to do the "leg work" and be confident in our own defence strategy but if you are rubbish at research and sifting through countless arguments and counter arguments it's a lost cause. I wonder how many other threads on here end up as mine has? We can see all the successes but how many just roll over and fall by the wayside because they don't have the brain power or simply the logic to make a case let alone stand up in court and defend it? I've found the constant advice and counter advice, reading, trying to understand more stressful than the money I supposedly owe in the first place!

I've come to feel that even if they get a CCJ against me I will be no worse off, I have next to no money, my credit history is trashed now anyway so what else is there to lose?

Thanks CitizenB.

That particular post is a bit more than I was intending to say. I was hoping to just make an offer of an amount and a payment per month until the amount is cleared. I don't really want to get into reams and reams of expenses and income. I'm sure elsewhere I've seen "offer" letters that include just that without prejudice etc. etc. I realise the guy in the letter is pleading health problems an such but would I need a reason for my letter or just the fact that i want the action to stop?

It is an example only, SH.. you can put as much or a little information in as you wish. However, they might want to see a budget sheet. So it might be in your interest to prepare one JIC.

BCOBS

It is an example only, SH.. you can put as much or a little information in as you wish. However, they might want to see a budget sheet. So it might be in your interest to prepare one JIC.

Ok no worries I'll bodge something together over the weekend and fax, email and post to the solicitors. Should it be sent to the court and claimant as well?

I did PM andyorch but no comment as yet.

Ok no worries I'll bodge something together over the weekend and fax, email and post to the solicitors. Should it be sent to the court and claimant as well?

I did PM andyorch but no comment as yet.

I think it just needs to go to the solicitors at this stage, SH. You can include a specific section asking that they confirm that it will not be passed on to anyone else I imagine.

BCOBS

I think it just needs to go to the solicitors at this stage, SH. You can include a specific section asking that they confirm that it will not be passed on to anyone else I imagine.

I will do that then. Just want to be sure as the defence date is only a week away and I don't want them to get a default judgement if I can help it...

Is this along the right lines? Any wording changes or additions?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Varde Investments (Ireland) Limited v Mr ******** Case No: 1JU*******

I would like to make a without prejudice save as to cost out of court offer in full and final settlement with regard to the above case. My offer comes while I have limited disposable income and would prefer to avoid any further court action, costs and litigation.

I would like to offer a figure of £**** paid via monthly instalments of £** until cleared. I would also respectfully request 14 days to remedy any missed payments.

Your Faithfully

I would be very surprised if they went for that, as a full & final is not forthwith, only installments offer, which they could get if a ccj was in place (for the FULL amount), and if you did not want a ccj against you, could ask for a Tomlin Order, but as you seem not to want to fight them, so you really need to think this out?? others I am sure will comment as well,.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I would be very surprised if they went for that, as a full & final is not forthwith, only installments offer, which they could get if a ccj was in place (for the FULL amount), and if you did not want a ccj against you, could ask for a Tomlin Order, but as you seem not to want to fight them, so you really need to think this out?? others I am sure will comment as well,.

I've no idea if they would or wouldn't. No one seems to know really due to the lack of comments in the last few days but no one has actually said that till now! So I may as well do nothing let them get a CCJ by default then they can have a £1 a month for the rest of my life then? I have no desire to go to court and try and defend something i really do not understand even if I am in the right though it grieves me much to say that :( From what I've read above this is pretty much along the lines of a Tomlin I thought. If I include an I and E breakdown it would probably show me unable to pay anything at all!

My defence deadline is 27/2/2012 so i need to do something now obviously as this has dragged on far too long and is making me ill :(

Edited by Smoothound

Tomlin Order is an agreeement to a fixed amount which is agreed and then no CCJ is recorded as I understand it, google Tomlin Order as see the true implications of it, best if you are going that way, try avoid CCJ if necessary, but any other way would be go to court and fight these para sites which you seem not to want to do, so if that is the case that is why peeps cannot advise if that route is not to be taken. Contact their solicitors and suggest Tomlin Order, if they do not agree then a Judge would see that you have attempted to a course of action and they have been attrusive.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Why not put a defence to=gether and post up on here minus personal details and I am sure a peep will look at it and advise any alterations etc

That is the whole point really! I don't really understand what is true and what is not now. I'm not academic I'm a hands person. So much conflicting views and opinions I don't know where to start. All the reading and legal stuff has made my head swim.

It's not that I don't want to fight more a case of too much info and lack of comprehension really. I'm pretty sure with a half decent defence filed they will back off!

I don't think a defence will scare them off, you need to be able to present that defence if it goes to a hearing.As you've stated you're not confident in doing so, my opinion is that you shouldn't even try, as you'll surely lose when met with opposition that is legally trained and a Judge who doesn't know the legal arguments inside, out.If you really feel this way, the way to deal with this now is to contact their solicitors and discuss repayment options. All of this needs to be documented, by them, in a consent order, when you reach an agreement, so recording that conversation isn't really necessary at this stage. Of course if they don't agree to your terms, the negotiation needs to be begin. Just be clear that your discussion is without prejudice to the claim, which you may defend if you don't reach an agreement on repayment terms in settlement of it.A Tomlin order probably wouldn't work, here, as the OP is a litigant in person and CPR prevents a LIP from agreeing to a Tomlin order, but will allow the claimant's solicitors to submit a consent order (same thing, in practice) to the Court when both sides agree on terms.

Thank you car.

So would my letter above be ok as an opening of discussion or should I reword it in some way? Just want an end to this now if I can avoid a CCJ it would be better but looking at my credit history now it will make little difference I doubt.

I don't think a defence will scare them off, you need to be able to present that defence if it goes to a hearing.As you've stated you're not confident in doing so, my opinion is that you shouldn't even try, as you'll surely lose when met with opposition that is legally trained and a Judge who doesn't know the legal arguments inside, out.If you really feel this way, the way to deal with this now is to contact their solicitors and discuss repayment options. All of this needs to be documented, by them, in a consent order, when you reach an agreement, so recording that conversation isn't really necessary at this stage. Of course if they don't agree to your terms, the negotiation needs to be begin. Just be clear that your discussion is without prejudice to the claim, which you may defend if you don't reach an agreement on repayment terms in settlement of it.A Tomlin order probably wouldn't work, here, as the OP is a litigant in person and CPR prevents a LIP from agreeing to a Tomlin order, but will allow the claimant's solicitors to submit a consent order (same thing, in practice) to the Court when both sides agree on terms.

So from what MIKE770 has said above should I just approach them with no offer and see what they suggest? Obviously this will be the full amount with a totally unaffordable monthly payment I imagine :( Or should I actually make some sort of offer?

You could say something along the lines of ..

You are mindful of mounting costs and in the interests of saving court time, would they be interested in negotiating a repayment plan. As a starting point you could make an offer that allows you room to manouvre.

I think in respect of the time, you are going to have to telephone them and ask them if they will accept communication by email/fax.

BCOBS

Have you given them a time to respond by? I still say that it wont harm to telephone and ask to speak to the file handler on your case.

BCOBS