Welcome Finance HELP!!

KieransMom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, dont no if any one can help me we had car finacne with welcome in 2008 we got the half way mark and wanted to voluntarily terminate the agreement!! i went to my local bramch it was put through told it was fine so i went and bought a new car............... 2 weeks later hadnt heard anyting tried to ring my branch no answer after constantly trying i went down there to find it had closed down but no-one told me!! so i didnt no how to contact welcome 2 weeks after that a get a call saying a behind on my payments i explain it and they put throgh the vt again and again im told its ok!! then 1 week later i get a call chasing money again i explained and he informed me i couldnt do the vt as i defaulted in november much to my suprise as i no i never have and have never recieved a letter saying this.... i told the "manager" that if he wouldnt allow me to vt i wouldnt be paying them anymore money as i had a new car and the car would either be sold or just sit there and rot!! he advised me to send a letter stating all my problems i did 3 weeks ago recorded delivery and havent heard a thing from them apart from a letter telling me my branch had closed i recieved the letter last week but it was dated februaury!!

if anyone has any advice it would be great

Whenever dealing with them put it in writing recorded delivery.

Write to them advise them all the dates you attempted to VT and also you raising query over the alleged defaulted payment and dispute this.

It may be also worth while data subject access requesting them. £10. Best money ever spent do on separate letter recorded again postal order not cheque, that way no dispute on it clearing and it counts as cash save receipt. Track date of delivery and print from royal mail site 40 days start from when they sign for it.

Data Protection and Freedom of Information Advice - Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has a template.

Everything they hold will be provided I bet there is no default notice.

:)

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

I requested all my information already did it the way you said heard nothing back yet! All the letter have been snet recorded delivery aswell........i dont no what to do with the car the tax runs out end of jult and insurance why should i pay out for those whn i dont even want it :mad: they say they have no record of the first two VT the first cause i did it in branch and its now gone and the second was never done according to them.. ice checked my credit repot and theres no default on ther either

Good save your credit report they can add it on at anytime.

Give them 28 days to respond then write and inform them as they have failed to acknowledge your complaint and VT request that you are asking the OFT/FSO to investigate.

If they don't reply to your DSAR start complaint with ICO. 40 days from receipt.

Also write to them something along these lines:

As per my request on (DATES you visited and contacted) hereby write and request you collect your car as i have now voluntarily terminated as per the terms and conditions (Date and Time 7 Days) or contact me with a location where this can be dropped off withing reasonable distance.

The car is currently in MOT and has road tax, I will take photos of the car when handing over to ensure no damage occurs prior to transfer (inside and out all round)

Kind regards

Recorded

Edited by sbfido

SBFIDO

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

It's been 28 Days so i will do that tomorrow then! to be honest i jsut want them to take the car back but ive heard there going bust and am worrid there just saying this to try and squeeze every last penny the can get out of me

Some more useful info

although on here there is heaps too and you could get bogged down a bit.

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 16 How To Deal With Hire Purchase Debt

SBFIDO

scan your agreement

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box

i bet you have insurance you can reclaim too and letter / phone call charges.

you need to send the SAR to the correct address NOT you local branch.

look at a few threads in this forum or posts from postggj.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...