need full court repost for branwhirte -v- worcester works finance limited [1969] 1 ac 552

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Rhodium78

Now This Case Law Appears To Be What Welcome Finance Are Using To Try And Get Out Of Wilson V Hurstanger And Undisclosed Commission Payments

i Realy Can See No Relevance

Any Site Team Able To Comment

Thanks Rhodium78

Now This Case Law Appears To Be What Welcome Finance Are Using To Try And Get Out Of Wilson V Hurstanger And Undisclosed Commission Payments

i Realy Can See No Relevance

Any Site Team Able To Comment

Wilson relates to a fiduciary relationship between the broker employed by the debtor to find him the best deal, and the commission given to him by the Lender to secure the services of the lender for the debtor

It is difficult to answer a point when there is no point made, but i would say that, if you do not pay the broker a commission then you cannot blame him for getting paid by an alternate means so sto speak,

The status of the broker depends on the remedy available in reality, if the broker owes a duty to the debtor, then he should disclose any commission payements recieved. However, the sales man or car dealer is not an agent of the debtor, he is an agent of the lender, thus no fiduciary duty in general terms

Postggj its not straight forward it never is with commissions payments

Read Imageview vs Kelvin Jack that may assist in your understanding

Wilson relates to a fiduciary relationship between the broker employed by the debtor to find him the best deal, and the commission given to him by the Lender to secure the services of the lender for the debtor

It is difficult to answer a point when there is no point made, but i would say that, if you do not pay the broker a commission then you cannot blame him for getting paid by an alternate means so sto speak,

The status of the broker depends on the remedy available in reality, if the broker owes a duty to the debtor, then he should disclose any commission payements recieved. However, the sales man or car dealer is not an agent of the debtor, he is an agent of the lender, thus no fiduciary duty in general terms

Postggj its not straight forward it never is with commissions payments

Read Imageview vs Kelvin Jack that may assist in your understanding

Hi PT, indeed you are correct and it is not straight forward with the commissions payment neither is it trying to find out as this is what I am trying to do currently.

I believe that different lenders have different ways when requests for commissions are made, and it is not easy at all.

This is the response that I keep getting from my lender who actually want me to prove it to them that I was owed a fiduciary duty.

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/sophiak_bucket/BFlettertosolicitors.jpg

This is another response

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/sophiak_bucket/BFresponsetocommission.jpg

looks like my lender is immune to supplying me with any info, sorry if I crashed in on thread but thought that this info was important as other lenders will find any excuse for not disclosing commissions. I did do a CPR request too.

This is not as simple as it seems.

• 1 year later...