boots the chemist

geocar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need to take clopidogrel tablets. I usally have plavix 75mg, but my wife who collects my medicines went to boots and was given dr reddys, same dosage, but nearly twice the size of plavix, as I have to swallow lots of tablets I thought that the size of dr reddys had to be made up of junk to fill them out. My wife asked if I could have plavix and was told it was alright, however when she went pick them up a different chemist said that we were not allowed to have plavix. I complained to boots customer service and after a long wait was told that the nhs said they cannot give out any more, but when I contacted nhs, their chosen tablets were plavix. The pharmacist would not give my wife the tablets and told her to contact my doctor, so I have no clopidogrel and my appointment with the doctor is on the 23rd july. Does anyone knowif boots are just selling the cheapest or has the nhs banned plavix??? Thank you

Guest wino

Hi geocar and welcome to CAG:)

I have had a scout about and cannot find anything that suggests Plavix has been removed as an option. There is nothing on the NHS site.

I would not wait until the 23rd July to sort this out as the tablets are important. Ring the Doctors and explain what has happened and see what he suggests. Perhaps another chemist will fill the prescription.

Thread moved to NHS Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi geocar

like yourself,

I need to take clopidogrel tablets. I usally have plavix 75mg, Thank you

I take the same tablets, all the time i have taking them, I have never had problem with Boots suppling plavix 75mg.

If Boots do not stock any medication that i need, they have always been able to obtain the named medication on my prescription from somewhere

(might take 24hrs to do so).

It could be that I have been using Boots in Waterloo L22 for :eek: blimey more years that i care to remember (lol) for my presciptions.

Ask your wife to insist (with a heavy hand) plavix 75mg is given.

or ask your wife to tell the pharmacist the differrent make of clopidogrel is causing bowel movment problems.

(i am not joking, altered meds can cause problems)

good luck and have fun

regards

bill

dk

• Haha 1

Unless you are specifically prescribed Plavix and the current formulary rules allow the specific prescription of the Branded ( and several times more expensive than the equally effective generic formulations) drug the pharmacist is under no obligation to supply plavix and will not be reimbursed for the supply of the Branded Drug only the for the supply of the generic drug.

the generic preparation is licenced for all but one of the used of Plavix and many localities are using the generic for all uses of Clopidogrel as there is little or no reason for the restriction on the generic product.

Hi zippygbr

:) agreed.

thank you for the word generic, the times I have had the cogs and wheels grinding for that word, would not come to me.

sometimes the generic costs more (not often)

also the size of tablet bears cost, 1 that I take should be 80mg but 2x40mg of the same tablet is cheaper. (branded or generic)

:)

dk