Me 'v' Natwest again................and hopefully my consolidation loan too?

brownie24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Well I successfully reclaimed some charges against the Natwest about 3 years ago but unfortunatley since then their regime of charges has stung me again with a few measley charges turning into hundreds, thousands and me having to get another consolidation loan.

My story now is that due to their regime of charges I went considerably overdrawn again and due to maternity leave and then unemployment was no longer able to pay money into this account which in turn led to me being unable to keep up the payments on my consolidation loan (which was only taken out to cover their charges!). Now the Natwest have closed this account and issued a default against me! Now my head is in a better place I have decided that I really need to sort this mess out so am going to try and reclaim my fees against them again, and possibly the consolidation loans I have taken out over the years?

What I would appreciate though is someone who is a bit more clued in on this subject to give me a little help along the way:

Are people still claiming fees back? - i am of the impression that hardship cases may still be considered? and I think that I may well fit the criteria.

Am I able to try and wipe out the balance of the consolidation loan or reclaim any off this?

I have printed off the standard SAR as a starting point - is this the right thing for me to send off having already claimed against them?

Any comments would be much appreciated as although I have claimed against them before I feel my situation now is slightly more confusing especially they have closed the account and issued default.

Thanks

Leeanne

• 1 month later...

I have today received the info as requested under the SAR - this was done bang on the deadline day!

Am going to tot up what charges they have stung me for since last reclaiming back in 2007. This time I am also considering if I can pursue them for my consolidation loan also - would I be able to get this written off? As it stands at the moment they seem to owe me about £3000 in charges but as they have closed my account I have a debt with them for nearly £5000 which is made up off a consolidation loan which I only ever took out in the first place to get my account out of my overdraft which was made up of their fees!

If someone could point me in the right direction would really appreciate it.

: )