'Asking for original CCA' advice needed please!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have never before considered going down the route of asking for original copies of my Credit agreements, but am now in serious financial trouble and so have very little to loose.

I have been able to agree with my creditors in the last 6 months to make token payments on my debts as I am unable to meet the minimum payments. My question is are my creditors likely to change their mind over agreeing to accept token payments if I go ahead and request copies of my CCA?:???:

Guest Cartaphilus

If they do, that can be dealt with very easily by simply continuing to pay what you are already. Everyone has the legal right to ask for a copy of an agreement at any point. If they do start getting difficult as a result of you merely requesting one, then all the more reason to request one now.

caramel

imo, do a cca request under s78 or 77 whichever is relevant to your circumstances. as cartaphilus says, you have a legal right to do this. note though that they can send a 'reconstruction'. so, a sar may prove more fruitful re obtaining a copy of the original agreement. exercising your legal rights should not, in principle, affect anything. if it does, then complain.

also, have you received any default notice's? are they compliant?