style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings All,

Which is the cheapest out there these days.

This is the conundrum I am currently with sky for tv multiroom and BT for phone and internt.

My Bt phone bills for evening and weekend are too high this quarter bill will be around the £200 mark.

I pay £53 a month for tv as we have an extra box in our mums room and a sky + box in living room.

We wish to go over to HD and make full use of the tv capabilities.

We also figure that it would be cheaper to have all 3 services on the one bill?

So you knowledgeable people which is the best at the moment upgrading our sky package or getting rid of sky and bt and taking all 3 with virgin as a new customer.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Virgin are rip off PF. We have just changed from them. We have been offered a free phone line installation, free calls to 01, 02, 03 and 0870 numbers anytime day and night, line rental and 13.5 MB speed broadband for £22.74 including VAT with Talk Talk. We only have the low TV package with Virgin so we should get the same channels with a Freeview box that we can pick up for about £30.

Up until now, we were paying an average of £70 a month for the services from Virgin.

• Haha 1

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Virgin are rip off PF

Well we was with NTL and the reason we went to sky was because of there poor service, but I was hoping that things changed when they changed to virgin.

Obviously not.

Thanks Ill go to moneysupermarket and see what that brings up.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

There are so many options for Sky & Virgin, its very hard to work out which is the cheapest. Personally Im very happy with Virgin, I've chopped & changed packages a few times but now only pay £24 a month for the L Tv package, that includes Sky1, GOLD and most other channels, no Sport of Movies, and the 20MB broadband which is certainly fast and when ever I test it, it normally tells me its running at just under 20mb.

I just use my mobile so theres no need for a phone line (as Virgin is cable, they are the only company that can do a no phone option).

Andy

24 a mth is cheap for tv and internet considering my internet is £18 just for 3mb that is the fastest adsl i can get are you hd?

my quarterly phone and internet works out over the last 4 bills as £96 a mth that is too expensive im sure i can do all 3 services for that

24 a mth is cheap for tv and internet considering my internet is £18 just for 3mb that is the fastest adsl i can get are you hd?

Yep..the history of it is that I threatened to leave during the sky 1/virgin bust up some years back and they offered me a great deal so I stayed, it was £20 then but has increased a bit over the years but they did upgrade all original 2mb customers for free.

I dont have HD but I believe I can get their new HD V Box (not v+) for free with no extra monthly charges (just a initial £49 instalation), I may get this, (I dont need V+, as my box is connected to a Windows Media Center PC which handles all my recording needs).

Andy

• 9 months later...