Speed Awareness Course

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

So I got offered the chance to do a Speed Awareness Course, after being flashed doing 58 in a 50. I signed up to one of the courses on the list (signed up online). Then a few days later I got a letter from AADriveTech saying that they'd been instructed by the Derbyshire Constabulary about me doing the course. However I've already signed up to one I got in the original pack. Am I right do just ignore it and do nothing. The AADriveTech letter is quite strongly worded saying if I ignore it I'll get the fine and points.

Follow this up !! and make sure you are on the SAC and have received written acceptance acknowledging that you are on it. Don't just do it on the phone. If you fall through the cracks you will end up in court and facing the points etc.

I've forwarded the confirmation email from the TTC SAC course I've booked to the Derbyshire Constabulary. Fingers crossed it's all ok, at least it's best to just cover my back but I think it's ok.

I agree with Lamma.

This is a 'no brainer' of a deal to lose. £75 instead of £60 plus points, don't let them screw it up for you with their right hand not knowing what the left is doing :)

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

AA Drivetech are the providers of the Speed Awareness Course for Derbyshire and the courses are delivered at centres in Chesterfield (Tapton Training Centre - TTC) and Derby. I would clarify this asap as you may find that by declining AA Drivetech's offer that you'll be receiving the fixed penalty and points.

I received this email response:

Dear XXX

Thank you for your enquiry.

As detailed on our Speed Awareness letter dated 10th June your details were passed on to the Derbyshire course provider, AADriveTech. It is left with you where you book a course and quite naturally you have contacted your local course provider. TTC have already notified this office that a course has been booked.

AADriveTech send out their letter as a matter of course and possibly a reminder but as a booking has already been made with TTC these can be ignored.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Yours sincerely.

XXX

CREST

Derbyshire Constabulary

Seems like it's all fine then. They could do with making their letters more clearly worded though.

Don't want to hijack this thread but what happens if you pay the fine £60

you sign up for the speed awareness course and don't turn up on the day

You pay the course fee in advance, so you'll be c.£130 out of pocket, and because you didn't attend, get the 3 penalty points.

You pay the course fee in advance, so you'll be c.£130 out of pocket, and because you didn't attend, get the 3 penalty points.

thanks for the reply

I'M not sure if she was asked to pay a course fee (or if she new she was paying the course fee and not the £60 fine(i think it was £60)

ALL i realy know is she was fine £60 for speeding and an offer of going on a driver awareness course so she wouldnt get 3 points

she took up the offer paid £60 and missed the course

she has now had a bailiff looking for a speeding fine of £275+costs

will have to get her to look into this as she paid the fine to the same place she booked the course (looks like this could have been there fee she paid )

unless the course is free if you are claim invalidity and mobility allowance

will have to get her to look into this as she paid the fine to the same place she booked the course (looks like this could have been there fee she paid )

unless the course is free if you are claim invalidity and mobility allowance

I am sure this is the course fee she has paid Hallowitch as you would pay the fine to the court.

I'm afraid, as you can't claim invalidity or mobility allowance to avoid the fine, the same apples to the course.

Best we can hope is she can get out of the costs the bailiff has added.

Perhaps she may be able to pay the fine direct ?? I'll leave that in your capable hands then :p

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.