Applying for a provisional, unfair process.

DanteCondren
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey, I'm 18 and have recently applied for a provisional driving license online.

The process went fine, I entered all the details they wanted but the problem came at the end.

Thinking I was at the end of the form due to paying the DVLA £50, they THEN, after payment, tell me that I have 21 days to print out a form and send it to them.

So I thought to myself, "hmm, that's reasonable I guess, I'll get hold of a computer'. I wrote down the gateway code so I could get back to the form download.

Sadly, every time I try, the sites experiencing technical problems AND I'm not eligible for something I payed for. I sent them an email asking for my money back so I can write out a form but to no avail.

I was just wondering as this is my first presence on the .gov.uk website and wondered what I could do about this?

What is it you are not eligible for?

AIUI, your problem was you had no printer, and to proceed with your application this needs to be printed off and signed by you, then posted to the DVLA. If there is an issue with the website, it may be better to try a varying times, and if this does not work, log the exact times and dates, and the error messahe you recieve.

If you missw their deadline, then you have a trail of events you can use to justify either an extension, or for a refund if you no longer wish to proceed.