style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

P.sFirstly I instructed a letting agent to look for tenants for my flat. They found a couple to rent the flat and took a holding deposit. The agent rang me last week to say that they were having problems getting the references through and would let me know this week what was happening. At this point I was led to believe that it was on hold until they received the references and I had ok'd them and signed the contract.

I went to my flat at the weekend to give it a clean out and found that the tenants had already moved in. They could barely speak english and couldnt answer my question regarding how they had got the keys.

I then came in to work today to find a copy of the contract signed by the tenant waiting for me on email but no references. I contacted the agent who said they passed their reference check with flying colours and had moved in.

Can they do that as I havent signed a contract? Plus I was told that until I ok'd the references it was on hold?

Secondly the contract states that the ground rent is the responsibility of the landlord unless otherwise stated.

I stated in the list of bills that ground rent was to be paid by the tenant however he has not passed this on and now says it cannot be done.

Just checked out the authorisation form I signed and it clearly states that a signed tenancy agreement must be signed by myself PRIOR to any tenancy commencing...............ha ha!!! I have also asked for a copy of the references four hours ago and I am still waiting.............

Any advice would be appreciated

Edited by amartin1908
missed a bit

Hearing date 04/12/06 - Halifax £399.62

Hearing date 04/12/06 - Cap One £167.21