WHITE DATA - Let's research ourselves ???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not forgetting another form of White Data which appeared for a while (until a stern internal memo went around- allegedly) in the form of Facebook, Bebo etc etc...Those of you who remember this will know what I'm talking about.

Yes we've all read about people being tracked with using Facebook, Myspace, bebo, twitter.... thing is those place show your whole network of friends too. The family photos, nights out with your mates, last holiday etc...

Then places like friends reunited and other social networking sites - it's amazing where data is these days!!

There's also 123people.co.uk | people search which can throw up all sorts of info.

Now that site is interesting - I just played in there and it brought up Photographs, news articles, 192.COM = addresses all on one page allowing several links to a persons activities... no effort at all.

Only thing I could find on me is when I used to live in another town, different county. So what bit of info they have on me is at least 10 years out of date. :razz: I wonder how many DCA's have turned up there looking for me, only to get told that they have no idea who I am or where I am now, and no you cannot collect our doorstep. :D

The other fun bit of info is they think there is an 19 year old female living at the same address. If only that bit had been true 10 years ago.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I don't use social networking. My published plays are under a pseudonym as is my photography. I tried the 192 thingy and all it could bring up was that I am living with my dad. He died in 2001... oops! Just given some personal info away there! ;)

Hmmm...

According to them I'm everything from a Chief Medical Officer, Solicitor, Photographer & Musician with a few others thrown in. I live in England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales. I'm a married bachelor who's divorced with no children who has a son at Cambridge & a daughter who's recently married. My hobbies include hunting, shooting & fishing and I'm a member of the Masters of Fox Hounds Association & League Against Cruel Sports. :eek::rolleyes:

Ironically, my name is not particularly common yet they have not one single piece of info that actually pertains to me..... and that's how it should be. :D

According to 123 i live with two randem people and my ex-husband

My present husband still lives with his ex-wife

I have one child,type in my husbands name and he appears not to exist since we married:confused:

Not one piece of the data is up to date.

According to 123 i live with two randem people and my ex-husband

My present husband still lives with his ex-wife

I have one child,type in my husbands name and he appears not to exist since we married:confused:

Not one piece of the data is up to date.

Like that bothers DCA's

Just hate every DCA out there

Now I have just spat me cuppa over me monitor, geez pmhcfc, don't make a Hobbit choke laughing...those were the days.....

Weren't they just ;) Seems a certain person/s are missing 'those days'..hence riling the CFC from its slumber. :rolleyes:

Just hate every DCA out there

Guest Mrs Hobbit

If you look under the name it is er2002 this is the info on the electoral roll at that time. I am still laughing because according to this info the Late Mr Hobbit is still with us in Middle Earth.

The current Mr Hobbit is cohabiting with his ex wife and one other at his old address..hahahahahaha.

Just check the ER dates

How ironic that the pond life use all the resources of t'internet to find all they can about their victims yet the directors of a well known firm of Losers from Leeds got all their addresses changed to the threat centre address on their companies house records. Wonder what they were worried about. Still plenty of info can be obtained easily from various sources such as estate agents, golf clubs, BT, land registry etc if anyone really wanted to.

To quote Cpl Jones

''They dont like it up em''

Mis-tracing by DCAs is the principal reason for the new OFT guidelines, which will require DCAs to be much more careful.

No doubt many will have read the various bleatings of the debt industry about this, in which the risible CSA self-importantly suggests that DCAs have some sort of special right to data. They image they would like to portray is that they fulfil some sort of socially important role; indeed, they sometimes seem to give the impression that they have some sort of official status. Much the same, in fact, as the CRAs.

The debt industry drones on about jobs, and imply that they contribute to the nation's coffers. The reality, of course, is that they are parasites; the jobs are mostly low-grade, low-paid, and the people in them can and do move on often and easily. Bought debt probably costs the country, after it has been written off against tax by the OC, then sold through an Eire or Cayman Islands company to avoid further tax and VAT. Then, of course, there's securitization.

The reality, of course, is that this is an industry that is driven by greed and has been out of control for some time. Weak regulation and a failure to self-regulate has allowed the industry to get away with too much for too long. The industry's luminaries talk about 'rogue debtors' and suggest that there's a moral component to debt, whilst conveniently forgetting the quid pro quo - that lenders had a moral duty to lend responsibly and to ensure their paperwork was up to scratch.

As described in Parliament: 'Rotten to the core'.

My thoughts exactly SP, couldnt have put it better, thank you

CCM

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

My address was used as a temporary forwarding address for a relative who had moved abroad. This ceased when they had finished all there dealings with UK companies.

Years later various debt companies suddenly started to write to and phone my address. I kept on telling them that the person that they were trying to contact had moved abroad several years ago. Most of the debt companies, stopped their contacts and wrote to apologise. But then Lowell came on the scene and they just ignored any recorded delivery letters, passing the accounts onto BCW and Mucky Hall to chase. BCW eventually stopped bothering me and wrote to apologise.

Mucky Hall were the most persistent and the dirtiest. It was not until I had threatened them, that they stopped. They had the cheek to phone my neighbours asking who lived at my address. One of my neighbours nearly phoned the Police, as he thought that burglars were looking for targets. I phoned Mucky Hall and had a blazing row with one of their compliance managers. Not long after Mucky had a warning from the OFT. It amazes me how their compliance manager is a board member of the CSA, when the company he works for sails pretty close to the wind in complying with OFT rules. Mucky even sent around a self employed doorstep collector over a £30 debt, that was statute barred.

It strikes me that the debt industry does not have any incentive to share information . It is not in the interest of companies owning the debts, to publish information on individual debts to any shared database, as if they did, they would have difficulty selling some on for a decent price. What I am sure they try to do is muddy the water as much as possible, by not keeping data and destroying any correspondence received. If they stitch up an other DCA when the debt is sold on, this is all part of the game.

It does concern me that this is just part of the mess financial services companies are in. UK banks apparently hold debt assets that are valued at more than 5 times the UK's annual GDP i.e about 7 trillion pounds worth. They not only own our countries debts, but debts of citizens and companies all around the world. RBS at one time owned 50% of the Spanish student loan book, which must be underperforming, as over 20% are unemployed, so they can't pay back. If the world does go into another period of recession, I think the banks and DCA's in this country will have more things to worry about than chasing for debts. They will be fighting for survival, as they will be holding worthless assets.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread