WHITE DATA - Let's research ourselves ???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been posting on this forum for a long time now and it never ceases to amaze me how much data is out there at the touch of a keyboard if we look for it.

I am going to keep this simple and issue a challenge to everyone.

Put your name into Google and find out how much white data you can gather on yourself in ten minutes.

For those of you who are Directors or Secretary of a company your data will be publicly available in Companies House along with all of your financial affairs relating to your business = your name, business and personal address, date of birth, fellow directors details, previous companies owned and so on the information available is huge even down to any CCJ's, credit score rising/falling etc..

www.Upmystreet.co.uk - will tell you lot of things regarding your home - use your postcode and you'll find in there the sale history info on your home ( and neighbouring properties). You'll find maps where you can do aerial views of an area, street view maps and you can see your own front door.

Land Registry searches cost £4.00 a time, who holds your mortgage, dates loans were taken out and the like. www.landregistry.co.uk

http://www1.landregistry.gov.uk/direct/content/info/fees/default.asp

All of this is in the public domain for any of us to use.

There are electoral registers - and I learnt last year that many councils actually sell lists of data on paper or on discs for as little as £10 for a disc of 1000 names and addresses = ever wondered why we get junk mail? Look on your council websites and you'll see that this data is sold to anyone.

www.Yell.com www.192.com may have your data too. There used to be a website which was www.b4usearch.co.uk but it was closed down for obvious reasons.

Now if there are any posters into Geneology out there you'll be aware of sites like www.ancestry.co.uk and WWW.FREEBMD.CO.UK to mention just a few sites where there is information on Births, Marriages, Deaths etc.. we can find out a whole persons family tree in these websites and certificates cost very little to verify a persons marriage, parents etc.. amazing resources!!

Not forgetting the Credit Reference Agency's and the little gems they hold if you subscribe to them - Equifax, Call Credit and Experian.

We have all read over time people being wrongly pursued for debts they never had? Now how can tracing Agencies get it so worng?

Challenge...see how much information you can collect on yourself. I'll be interested in seeing your replies to this - are any of you surprised as to what you found out?

• Haha 1

I have been posting on this forum for a long time now and it never ceases to amaze me how much data is out there at the touch of a keyboard if we look for it.

I am going to keep this simple and issue a challenge to everyone.

Put your name into Google and find out how much white data you can gather on yourself in ten minutes.

For those of you who are Directors or Secretary of a company your data will be publicly available in Companies House along with all of your financial affairs relating to your business = your name, business and personal address, date of birth, fellow directors details, previous companies owned and so on the information available is huge even down to any CCJ's, credit score rising/falling etc..

www.Upmystreet.co.uk - will tell you lot of things regarding your home - use your postcode and you'll find in there the sale history info on your home ( and neighbouring properties). You'll find maps where you can do aerial views of an area, street view maps and you can see your own front door.

Land Registry searches cost £4.00 a time, who holds your mortgage, dates loans were taken out and the like. www.landregistry.co.uk

http://www1.landregistry.gov.uk/direct/content/info/fees/default.asp

All of this is in the public domain for any of us to use.

There are electoral registers - and I learnt last year that many councils actually sell lists of data on paper or on discs for as little as £10 for a disc of 1000 names and addresses = ever wondered why we get junk mail? Look on your council websites and you'll see that this data is sold to anyone.

www.Yell.comwww.192.com may have your data too. There used to be a website which was www.b4usearch.co.uk but it was closed down for obvious reasons.

Now if there are any posters into Geneology out there you'll be aware of sites like www.ancestry.co.uk and WWW.FREEBMD.CO.UK to mention just a few sites where there is information on Births, Marriages, Deaths etc.. we can find out a whole persons family tree in these websites and certificates cost very little to verify a persons marriage, parents etc.. amazing resources!!

Not forgetting the Credit Reference Agency's and the little gems they hold if you subscribe to them - Equifax, Call Credit and Experian.

We have all read over time people being wrongly pursued for debts they never had? Now how can tracing Agencies get it so worng?

Challenge...see how much information you can collect on yourself. I'll be interested in seeing your replies to this - are any of you surprised as to what you found out?

Ive used land registry to have 'nose about' at nearby properties, as well as the mortgage info. it will also tell you about any other charging orders or loans secured on the property and you can have a good guess on the persons finicial situation using this info !

Andy

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Oh, I did this and found out my property is worth more than I thought and I found Mr Hobbit's ex wife being qoteds in a local newspaper, the article is 10 years old and there was Mr Hobbit's old address in the article.

I found two others with my name and one other birn a year before me and I found an original childrens tale I wrote, all by putting my name in Google.

It;a all out there in the Public Domain for all to find so easily.

Ive used land registry to have 'nose about' at nearby properties, as well as the mortgage info. it will also tell you about any other charging orders or loans secured on the property and you can have a good guess on the persons finicial situation using this info !

Andy

Thanks Andy - yes it's a useful tool if we want to gather information on finances too as you say - it's a tool many of the Debt Collection Agencies will use to decide whether or not to take a debtor to court or not = they'll see whether a person has equity etc.. and can take a quicky loan out to repay debts owed etc.. it's simple and effective?

Useful if you planning buying a house and want to know how much to push the sellers on price offered too?

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I forgot to add the Minutes of our Council Meetings with planning applications as well as permissions and the comments made about the proposed plans. My, my, I must be careful what I say at the next meeting.

......and to think I thought it was the height of 'nosiness' driving round at night when dark and peering in at all those who had not shut the curtains!!! I feel quite saintly now:D

I will resist the urge: I will resist the urge: I will resist the urge - Oh well, just a peep before I turn the computer off

......and to think I thought it was the height of 'nosiness' driving round at night when dark and peering in at all those who had not shut the curtains!!! I feel quite saintly now:D

I will resist the urge: I will resist the urge: I will resist the urge - Oh well, just a peep before I turn the computer off

OK - we'll resist the urge shall we?

No peeking it's bedtime?????? :D

I forgot to add the Minutes of our Council Meetings with planning applications as well as permissions and the comments made about the proposed plans. My, my, I must be careful what I say at the next meeting.

Yes exactly - if any of you have over time applied for planning permission to change your propertiy (extentions, driveway alteration applications, use of parts of your land etc..) the details will be published in local newspapers, on display in local council planning departments and so on.

This is where your neighbours and the general public will be allowed to review your plans and object or agree with those plan proposals before the council planning meetings take place.

We can get copies of any of the minutes of such meetings from councils if we are interested.

Guest Mrs Hobbit
Do NOT lose sight of the fact that, internet information works both ways...

It sure does and when the biter gets bitten they don't like, but as I said before, it's in the Public Domain. It's amazing what you can find out.

Come to think of it DCA's want more access to this White Data. Are they too darn lazy to work as we do when we need to find out anything?

I think I have the answer to tracing depts of the DCA's getting it so wrong.

As we know on CAG how many come here being hassled for someone elses debts. Also the lies the DCA's tell on the phone that the person concerned it responsible and should pay it anyway.

They don't get the trace wrong. They just find everyone with the same or simalar name in a chosen postcode area, then mail their threat-o-gram to all of them. At least one in say 10 will get scared and really that bailiffs will turn up, etc. As long as one pays up, then it's profitable to send 20 or 30 threat-o-grams and a few phonecalls for those they can find a number for.

I know personally 2 people who have paid a DCA several hundred quid for debts that aren't theirs. One is an intelligent director of a large metal fabrication company. :eek:

DCA's for years have been taking full advantage of people's lack of knowledge of the law and their rights. Couple that with the fact the OFT and Trading Standards, etc, don't enforce the laws and guidelines they're supposed to. The DCA's are aware of this and take full advantage of it.

But the tide is starting to turn thanks to CAG and people stopping and thinking, and then using the internet to find out how others deal with them.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Mis-tracing by DCAs is the principal reason for the new OFT guidelines, which will require DCAs to be much more careful.

No doubt many will have read the various bleatings of the debt industry about this, in which the risible CSA self-importantly suggests that DCAs have some sort of special right to data. They image they would like to portray is that they fulfil some sort of socially important role; indeed, they sometimes seem to give the impression that they have some sort of official status. Much the same, in fact, as the CRAs.

The debt industry drones on about jobs, and imply that they contribute to the nation's coffers. The reality, of course, is that they are parasites; the jobs are mostly low-grade, low-paid, and the people in them can and do move on often and easily. Bought debt probably costs the country, after it has been written off against tax by the OC, then sold through an Eire or Cayman Islands company to avoid further tax and VAT. Then, of course, there's securitization.

The reality, of course, is that this is an industry that is driven by greed and has been out of control for some time. Weak regulation and a failure to self-regulate has allowed the industry to get away with too much for too long. The industry's luminaries talk about 'rogue debtors' and suggest that there's a moral component to debt, whilst conveniently forgetting the quid pro quo - that lenders had a moral duty to lend responsibly and to ensure their paperwork was up to scratch.

As described in Parliament: 'Rotten to the core'.

Not forgetting another form of White Data which appeared for a while (until a stern internal memo went around- allegedly) in the form of Facebook, Bebo etc etc...Those of you who remember this will know what I'm talking about.

Just hate every DCA out there

Google my name and eventually found out that my wife is supoposed to co-habitaitng with someone she has never heard of in some place, but we have never split up and spend most of our free time with one another.

Mis-tracing by DCAs is the principal reason for the new OFT guidelines, which will require DCAs to be much more careful.

No doubt many will have read the various bleatings of the debt industry about this, in which the risible CSA self-importantly suggests that DCAs have some sort of special right to data. They image they would like to portray is that they fulfil some sort of socially important role; indeed, they sometimes seem to give the impression that they have some sort of official status. Much the same, in fact, as the CRAs.

The debt industry drones on about jobs, and imply that they contribute to the nation's coffers. The reality, of course, is that they are parasites; the jobs are mostly low-grade, low-paid, and the people in them can and do move on often and easily. Bought debt probably costs the country, after it has been written off against tax by the OC, then sold through an Eire or Cayman Islands company to avoid further tax and VAT. Then, of course, there's securitization.

The reality, of course, is that this is an industry that is driven by greed and has been out of control for some time. Weak regulation and a failure to self-regulate has allowed the industry to get away with too much for too long. The industry's luminaries talk about 'rogue debtors' and suggest that there's a moral component to debt, whilst conveniently forgetting the quid pro quo - that lenders had a moral duty to lend responsibly and to ensure their paperwork was up to scratch.

As described in Parliament: 'Rotten to the core'.

Couldn't have put it better myself - there are too often no morals in what they do and the way they treat people.

It's very much an industry that needs a clear out in a big way - across the whole of the industry. They've responsibilites too?

What these companies forgot about in their greed was that this stuff works two ways and not always how they'd like it to be?

The sooner they realise this and apply it to their "company models" the better me thinks.

Like they say pay peanuts > get monkeys = the mess they dealing with today?

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Now I have just spat me cuppa over me monitor, geez pmhcfc, don't make a Hobbit choke laughing...those were the days.....