Feelingdownandout Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK FDAO

If you are happy to accept the refund by that method then that is absolutely fine for you, I do understand that the balance is then reduced that bit further, however, ask B O S Ltd, what Legislation, Regulation, case law or act are they relying upon with their insistence that you can only be refunded in that manner because the account is in default.

Yes complain away to the ICO regarding non-compliance, the ICO will not afford you any compensation though, and they will probably give them a slap on the wrist, still, give them a head ache all the same.

Kind Regards

The Mould

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but you need to write your own Letter Before Claim, have a look at that CPR I mentioned and follow those procedures.

Your said letter will be passed to the legal team and litigation will begin, if a settlement cannot be reached, then you file your claim to Court.

The will need to comply with the Practice Direction, so I think you will be taken seriously from that point onwards.

Kind Regards

The Mould

How did the PPI become part of the agreement FDAO?

Did you have to accept the PPI? Did you try and opt out of PPI at the point of applying for the credit?

I think you should not accept anything from them but the full amount that you are owed.

Are there any other defects in the Credit Agreement at all?

Kind Regards

The Mould

can we just clarify what has been said before in this ............

the PPI refund can be off-set against BUT ONLY TOWARD THE ARREARS

they cannot use any to reduce the balance.

after arrears offset

the rest must come to you.

fos guidelines apply

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I understand that one, no prob. The only thing I would say is that the arrears are the full balance according to both my cra file and the default notices that they sent me.

so as they have said before because the acct is in default the policy is to put it back onto the acct, minus of course the disputed interest sums!

FDAO

Did we not go through all this yesterday?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I understand that one, no prob. The only thing I would say is that the arrears are the full balance according to both my cra file and the default notices that they sent me.

so as they have said before because the acct is in default the policy is to put it back onto the acct, minus of course the disputed interest sums!

the cra file will show that, and the DN is prob defective anyhow.

you need to look at your last statement on the CC.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Any news on this feely? In light of recent events regarding PPI I think it's important that you get this sorted sooner rather than later. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280317-***URGENT***-Get-your-claim-for-PPI-in-now!!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi everyone, the money has still not hit the account yet, and with regards to the second acct that I have with Halifax I rcd the SAR info at the weekend and there is PPI to the tune of appox £110, so I will be submitting a claim to them today for missold PPI the same as the first account with them.

funny that they actually managed to send me a signed CCA even though when I asked for the origina CCA months ago they sent me a recon CCA? Must check my signature against the application form they sent me to make sure that they are not identical??!!

As for the PPI - following the news do my fellow caggers believe it is too late to make a claim? I already have admittance that they missold on one account to me?

fdao

xx

update - sent off the misold letter for PPI on the seond account, so will wait and see whatt happens.

On another note, with regards to the first acct and the missing info from the SAR - they had an extra 20 days to send me the missing info and that was on 30th August!!

need to now send a Letter before Action for failing to provide the info requested.

can anyone suggest a good letter?

fdao xx

PPI claims still being dealt with at the moment so not too late. LBA letters here:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?570-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters :-)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

updating my thread, I have just checked my statements and it would appear that the PPI on my first credit card account was refunded in August this year! fancy that, but the interest was only £2.70 - so I need to go after the rest through the FOS etc.

I have received a letter back from Halifax about the 2nd account and they are looking into the account for missold PPI. Apart from that there is no new news, I have put the second acct in dispue, and will maintan payments until it is resolved. Is there anything else that I should do?

• 2 months later...

updating my thread - had a letter from Halifax today and my claim for missold PPI is on hold! they are awating the results from the courts before enterting into any further correspondence, so in a nutshell in the meantime I have to carry on paying BOS while the account is in dispute! I owe £80 by the time this is sorted I will owe nothing as I not holding my breath for a quick turnaround on this, they have had it for 4 months nearly!

any suggestions?

Hi FDAO

There were some warnings from the site team on here a while ago advising that this may happen and to get any claims in pronto!

I am not familiar with any court cases though, perhaps someone will come along and give you more details.