Capquest "V" Cab1ne

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you dont receive the docs requested in the next 10 days,

we then file an embarrassed defence

"gordon bennett" its all go isn't it

have i got this right, i have 28 days to submit a defence.

AOSCAPQUEST_20100609_1629531.jpg

cab

why don't they just give you the option when "acknowledging service" to have it re-directed to your nearest court, instead of all the crap. as i see it, when you defend all it goes to your nearest court anyway.:confused:

cab

Hi Cab1ne,

I gave you the time table in an earlier post.. but brought it forward for you below.

You have 33 days from the date of issue mentioned on the claim form in order to put in your defence. BUT you MUST acknowledge service by the very latest 21st June. You will be clicking on the "defend" button which gives you the maximum time, until 5th July to enter the defence.

You then need to get your CPR31.14 off giving 7 days to respond. If they havent responded within 7 days, you pop in your CPR31.15 - request to inspect. If that doesnt make them sit up and provide docs then you slap in your application for disclosure to the court.

If you need further time then you will need to use CPR15.5 in order to obtain a further period of time. But we will cross that bridge when/if we come to it.

xx

Agreement extending the period for filing a defence

(1) The defendant and the claimant may agree that the period for filing a defence specified in rule 15.4 shall be extended by up to 28 days.

(2) Where the defendant and the claimant agree to extend the period for filing a defence, the defendant must notify the court in writing.

HTH

hi citizenB and thanx.

i think i might need to ask for more time, how would i go about that.

cab

Not yet, got 14 days from the 7th. However shall i just bang out the cpr 31.14 first.

cab

Yes, you need to act swiftly, have a read of the links below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/241827-legal-action-how-start.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/255329-cpr-18-cpr-31-a.html

You will need to request the following as they are mentioned in the POC.

The notice of assignment

The default notice

The agreement

You will need to apply for this using CPR31.14.

You also have a strict time table to stick to.

The claim was issued out of NOrthampton on 2nd June you are allowed 5 days for service = 7th June.

You need to acknowledge service by the latest 21st June... stating whether or not you intend to defend. you will then have a further 14 days in which to submit a defence. I think that is 5th July .

Also......

If the sums owed are in relation to a Regulated Agreement, then they cannot also claim s69 County Courts Act 1984 interest, because of s2(3)(a) of SI 1991/1184(L.12) The County Courts (Interest on Judgment Debts) Order 1991.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I Allways Go By Theses Guide Lines To Be Sure

Receive Claim

Acknowledge Claim With In 14 Days

Then You Have A Further 14 Days For Defence

You Are Allowed A Few More Days But I Use This Time Scale To Avoid A Ccj By Default Just In Case Its Not Mcol

I Allways Go By Theses Guide Lines To Be Sure

Receive Claim

Acknowledge Claim With In 14 Days

Then You Have A Further 14 Days For Defence

You Are Allowed A Few More Days But I Use This Time Scale To Avoid A Ccj By Default Just In Case Its Not Mcol

thanx post.

well its on the go from 2moro AM. i'll bump this thread up with more info, as and when i get it:rolleyes: "sorry" if i get it;)

cab

OMG!!! They are so stupid! That letter clearly states that this is NOT a request made under the Consumer Credit Act!! £1 fee only applies if it was, dumbos! :mad:

I may be wrong here but I thought the NOA was supposed to come from the OC?? :confused: I'm not 100% on that by any means so don't quote me! Just athought to check out ;)

OMG!!! They are so stupid! That letter clearly states that this is NOT a request made under the Consumer Credit Act!! £1 fee only applies if it was, dumbos! :mad:

I may be wrong here but I thought the NOA was supposed to come from the OC?? :confused: I'm not 100% on that by any means so don't quote me! Just athought to check out ;)

hello i wannabe a classic (and now is):D

"dumbo's (you are polite today)

either can send a NOA providing it is done correctly. they forgot to read s196 LOPA:rolleyes:

cab

thought of sending a quick CPR 18, as their time runs out on 18th june

Part 18 REQUEST FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

To: CAPQUEST INVESTMENTS LTD (claimant)

Please answer the following questions:

1. Why have you stated in your letter Dated 14th June 2010 that my request for the documents I have asked for are subject to a £1.00 Fee.

2. Why have you stated in your letter Dated 14th June 2010 that you are not bound by the Consumer Credit Act, to provide the Documents within 7 days. When my request for documents are made pursuant to Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) 31.14

good to go or shall i wait till the 18th and apply for a strike out / or stay

cab

It will cost you nothing to send the CPR18, other than the postage. It would be interesting to know what their response would be. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

can i submit an ex160 for MCOL / CCBC

cab

Phone Northampton and ask.

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cabine, it should be on the claim form.. very tiny print.. but here you go anyway.

0845 408 5302 :)

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Cabine, it should be on the claim form.. very tiny print.. but here you go anyway.

0845 408 5302 :)

thanx citb,

yes, very tiny indeed.

CAPQUEST03.jpg

got a 28 day extension, but not holding my breath:rolleyes:

cab

Edited by cab1ne
UPDATE

thanx citb,

yes, very tiny indeed.

got a 28 day extension, but not holding my breath:rolleyes:

cab

It does seem very out of proportion to the rest of the text.. I wonder if they dont actually want anyone to phone :rolleyes:

That is good you have an extension of time. Well done.

BCOBS

It does seem very out of proportion to the rest of the text.. I wonder if they dont actually want anyone to phone :rolleyes:

That is good you have an extension of time. Well done.

thanx citb

do you know why the cagger / guest info has gone from the bottom of our threads:confused:

cab