Have been paying my CCJ for 3 years, now company want me to pay in full

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just looking for a link so that I can add some heavy legal jargon in a letter to this joke of a company.

They applied and won a CCJ against me around 3 years ago, I have paid on time every month the full amount, then this morning out of the blue comes a letter saying I owe x amount and it needs to be paid in full in 7 days or legal action.

Now I'm not bothered about this letter as I know that they are totally in the wrong, however I would like to send them a letter informing them of their duty within the law and threatening them with with a report over harrassment. I can't for the life of me find a website with all the information I need to 'lift'.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how I get on.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Send them a copy of the Order you are already paying under. If they want to change it they'll have to go back to Court - sounds as if they are chancing their arm. You could always report them for attempting to break the terms of the order.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Hi,

3 years ago a CCJ was awarded against me and I have paid the required sum every month. This morning I received a letter asking me to fill in the enclosed statement of means as it is part of their ongoing review of my financial circumstances. Surely they can't touch me now, the court order states how much I pay and that's how much I've been paying. I am paying considerably less than they originally wanted due to my circumstances, I have since improved my financial state but am due to go on maternity leave soon and so will be back to square one.

On the statement of means they have tried to make it very intimidating by putting x vs 389shell, and then ask the most ridiculous quiestions such as work / pay reference, all the financial blurb overtime etc., do other people contribute to the family budget, and this I found really funny, do you own a vehicle and where is it kept!

Now as far as I'm concerned this is just more bin fillers from this DCA, but just wanted to check.

Many thanks

Shell

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Looked all round the internet and can't find anything about this, the nearest I can find is what the DCA can do if you don't pay, but I have. Anyone?

George Bernard Shaw

The judgment order is now your agreement. If they want to alter the terms of this agreement they will have to apply through the courts, you are under no legal obligation to provide them with any personal data.

Carry on paying the CCJ, they can do nothing.

Debbie

They can apply to the courts for a redetermination of the amount being paid. No need to give them any furthe information unless they make the application to court

Spot on. Only the courts can force you to give personal information, and firstly they have to apply to the courts.

If you want to respond,

Dear Sir/Madam

In response to your letter dated xxxxx. I have nothing futher to add other than what was previously stated when the original claim was issued. My circumstances remain unaltered.

Yours Sincerely

389shell

Short and sweet.

Debbie

Thanks everyone, just what I thought. I'll just ignore them and carry on as I have for the last 3 years, paying them the amount granted in the CCJ. They must be skint the poor loves and trying it on with all their 'customers'.

George Bernard Shaw

Thanks everyone, just what I thought. I'll just ignore them and carry on as I have for the last 3 years, paying them the amount granted in the CCJ. They must be skint the poor loves and trying it on with all their 'customers'.

The "where is your car kept" is very, very cheeky, and obviously to act as a pointer should you put down you have a 20 grand Merc to give to the Bailiffs, I bet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The "where is your car kept" is very, very cheeky, and obviously to act as a pointer should you put down you have a 20 grand Merc to give to the bailiffs, I bet.

Ha ha, I know, it did make me laugh. I should have said that most days it's actually the butler that uses the Lexus and I haven't the faintest where he parks it.

George Bernard Shaw