Cabot's Licence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is common knowledge that Fire is part of the Cabot Group.

Which is why when the going got a little tough for Cabot over my non existent Cap1 default and request for repayment of unlawful charges directly from Cabot as equities under the assignment, they relieved themselves of liability** by passing the matter on to a different company; F.I.R.E.

**Well they think they did anyway. :p

F.I.R.E. eh? Flamin' Idiots Require Educating if you ask me.:D:D

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Dave354UK it is still here take a look:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/262804-interesting-info-cabot.html

Also, if the form is illegible it is unenforceable. The law and regulations are quite clear in this matter.

I have also noticed that, over the past 18 months or so, Cabot has become increasingly prepared to take seriously dodgy cases to court. I have been involved with a number that are obviously statute barred and yet they have started proceedings in attempts to get Charging Orders (because that's what they really like).

My own take on this is that their financial situation, following last year's loss, has become increasingly precarious - hence their desperate attempts to recklessly bring unwinnable cases to court without the correct papers, without following the correct procedures and knowing they are, for instance, statute barred. They are allegedly under orders from the directors to bring in as much money as possible and if the way to do that is to frighten people into paying up, then that's OK by them.

Also remember that the Coalition has outlined plans to stop Charging Orders on debts under £25k so this is yet another nail in the DCA coffin (all of them not just Cabot).

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't start to lean on the owners of CAG and the other forums (if they don't already) as they see them as a threat to their money spinning wheeze. If you consider that the OFT and the ICO must have been inundated with complaints re Cabot and add to this last year's spectacular loss and the delay in their credit licence renewal, then all in all they must be in a very difficult position and a cornered rat fights dirty.

You can win against Cabot and not stoop to their devious tricks. Use the laws and the official guidelines against them. Be persistent and constantly alerted for their cute tricks and non compliance with deadlines for supplying information and serving court papers (the Judges are getting increasingly hacked off with this one).

Be in no doubt this is a fight to the finish by such as Cabot as there are serious amounts of investment money involved. As Andrew1 says above - KISS! Keep It Simple Stupid (although CAGers are anything but stupid).

Edited by Rhia

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I can only agree what has been psted by Andrew1 ans Rhia. Saves me posting it.

CFC have spent countless hours dissecting what Cabot clain are enforceable. perhaps we should be employed at Cabot Towers and show the staff what is a quality debt to be collected and what is loss making and futile to chase.

We have never advocated 'don't pay', or encouraged Rogue Debtors. Now who coined that phrase at a Conference? Yes CFC does get every where.

KISS is definitely our motto.

One can't help but agree with Andrew1 and Rhia, and Mrs Hobbit for that matter...It is very simple and I've never been able to understand the concept of us knowing how simple it is (or should be) as opposed to DCA's, like Cabot, not knowing it is.

If you look back at news from 2006/7 when Cabot was raking it in, he was loving the limelight. There were awards after awards, article after article and he was promoting the gospel of Debt Collecting to anyone who would listen.

Those of us well educated in Cabot know about the U-turn on proposed move to Bradford, instead they 'looked forward' to a bigger future and opted for new offices in Kent. They were employing more staff, all the time boasting to anyone who would listen how well they were serving the locality. In June 2007 they employed 330 people in the Kent offices and in a news article Kenny was there, proudly holding aloft two awards, boasting that in 2010 this number would have risen to 450...Has it? - I don't think so. They took out a 20-year lease at Kings Hill...now that really is looking forward.

Again, at the time, I've no doubts he and his fellow Cabot directors were holding meetings where they would slap each other on the back unable to believe their luck that Debt Collecting was reaping so many rewards and so easily too...His £3.5m mansion is proof of that...Yet this was around the time of the birth of CAG and, more importantly for Cabot, the birth of the CFC.

In my opinion, Cabot were naive. When their old tactics of simply buying debts for peanuts and collecting didn't work, they tried new ones. When they didn't work, they tried a new tact, that stopped working too and so it continued. And now, three years on, and after many tactical changes, they have adopted the Bryan Carter ethic of Northampton Bulk...Oh dear.

I've lost count of the number of articles I've read over the years in which Kenny tells everyone how ethical Cabot are...Yet the staff turnover was, at last count, 21%. And this was before the days of the really bad publicity...Wonder how many of his staff proudly boast they work for Cabot as a Debt Collector. And besides, how ethical is it to buy a £1000 debt for £50 and proceed to collect the whole £1000 + a big pile of interest? Good business it may be, ethical it is not.

With the risk of repeating others, let me return back to the simplicity side of the argument....If Cabot (and all DCA's) did everything by the book; that being that every agreement was available and every piece of white data in place and every staff member was courteous, polite and understanding then that begs the question...Would the CFC exist, let alone CAG Debt Collection forums...Hardly rocket science is it Ken?

Ken Maynard, Glen Crawford, John Randall and many others made hay while the sun shone- and now they do nothing but whine because the money's stopped rolling in (although I'm sure they are still very well paid) and they are being challenged at every turn.

I once had my own business, albeit a small one, and the only piece of advice I was given was to keep it as a business, don't let it get personal. This is an old adage that we have all heard before. For a while now, it appears (allegedly) that Kenny is ignoring that aforementioned adage and it has gotten personal for him. It's almost as if he's trying to recapture those times when he felt he was held in high regard by everyone in the business. Is it a personal crusade of his to beat people like the CFC into submission...Who knows...who cares?

Just briefly back to the number of staff members...I note there is a current recruitment drive to get more account 'officers' into Cabot. They are prepared to pay you £15-£16k for a two-shift system...One week 'earlies' the next week 'lates' and you work every other Saturday...Is this good money for Kent? However, you could earn up to £25k if you collect over and above what you have been set to. They are telephone based positions which speaks for itself...So if you want to earn decent money, most people will do (and say) whatever they can to achieve that...Still ethical Ken?

For those of you who have the time for a bit of research, go back a few years and see just how many articles and news stories there were with Ken beaming for the cameras. With him telling the readers how wonderful Cabot were and how many awards they were up for...Now research this past twelve months or so and see how many of the same articles exist...No-one is listening any more.

It's possible that Cabot only exist today because they have mega-rich backers- who knows? If Kenny has decided to adopt the mantle of vigil-anti against the likes of the CFC and CAG, it might be the only reason why he hasn't bowed out of the game, taken his money, mansion, pool and ran.

Newer members to this site might be wondering why a lot of old posts have suddenly come back into play, why a number of old posters have suddenly stared posting again on Cabot threads...It doesn't take a lot of working out.

Here's another very old adage for you Kenny....I believe it was Chaucer who said in around 1380, 'It is nought good a slepyng hound to wake'

Edited by pmhcfc

Just hate every DCA out there

As one of the newer members who has been battling Cabot for only 2 years, I just thought I would say how nice and reassuring it is to see the originators of the CFC being aroused from their slumber.

:D

Ah Cymru CFC is like King Arthur slumbering until his people need him once more only to arise again from Avalon with Excalibur in hand ready to fight for justice in Albion (not West Bromwich BTW).

Why now? Hmm who knows? But news of things stirring is reaching far away enough even to the Shire to tempt the Hobbits out of Middle Earth too! ;)

I almost referred to CFC as dinasaurs but didn't wish to shock you all back to sleep:D

It does make you wonder though - the way Cabot thinks I mean...

Take a look at page 2 of this Powered by Google Docs

Makes you wonder how much money Cabot have spent trying to get the particular questions answered...All that money, all that research...All they had to do was ask and we'd be able to tell them ;) By the way, Jose is the Senior Risk Analyst at Cabot.

"'bad things happen to good people' and to help develop practical aids to debt recovery that avoid stigmatising defaulters, while offering them hope of renewed financial independence"

I think it is fairly safe to say that they forgot to add this to their staff training handbook

"'bad things happen to good people' and to help develop practical aids to debt recovery that avoid stigmatising defaulters, while offering them hope of renewed financial independence"

I think it is fairly safe to say that they forgot to add this to their staff training handbook

Ah, you see. Perhaps this is all about to change: InsideARM: Executive Change: Tina Carter to Cabot Financial as PR & Marketing Manager

Even Ken himself says this is a very exciting time for the business...and he also mentions Cabot's continued success :eek:

Ah, you see. Perhaps this is all about to change: InsideARM: Executive Change: Tina Carter to Cabot Financial as PR & Marketing Manager

Even Ken himself says this is a very exciting time for the business...and he also mentions Cabot's continued success :eek:

My oh my. That must be like winning the marketing account for Lada cars.

If you look in the Legal Issues youll see how desperate the lowlifes are getting, the number of cabot threads do seem to outnumber the rest highlighting there desperation.

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

If you look in the Legal Issues youll see how desperate the lowlifes are getting, the number of cabot threads do seem to outnumber the rest highlighting there desperation.

Hadituptohere

Desperate....Cabot? naa...Companies who are desperate would have [financial] backers who force them to sell their stake in [spanish DCA] operator Gescobro, won't they...won't they? ;):D OOppps, perhaps they are desperate then.

Edited by pmhcfc

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Oh blimey, they do prattle on and try to convince each other how good they are. I would say they need some good PR as for marketing I am sure we could do it a lot cheaper. BTW are the staff at Cabot Towers still Facebooking themselves?