Natwest Bank Overdraft v DizzieDiva

DizzieDiva2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So £10 a month was a good guess, settlement my ar*e!!!!!!:lol:

and thats without you adding interest????? tell you what lets call its quits instead.

Andy

£306.75 is without adding interest yes. What shall i do put them an offer in writing for FFS with a covering letter showing my calculations and that most of the debt is interest and charges?

Is there a letter template on here for FFS?

Also a telephone harrassment letter that i could use as a guide?

I was reading threads last night on FFS but couldnt find the letter templates and the threads are fairly short!

:dizzy: "Dizzie Diva" ;)

<<<<<<<<<<please tip my star if my support or advise was useful?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would do nothing, if they issue a summons you have your counter claim ready.

There is no F&FS.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Personally I would do nothing, if they issue a summons you have your counter claim ready.

There is no F&FS.

Andy

Understanding there is no FFS but they are going to continue harrassing me so if i call them i shall inform them why i dont want to take up their FFS offer and to stop harrassing me or i shall ???? How could i put this as im not sure as to what my rights are?

Just write a response to them and state why you will not be accepting their offer and that any further communications

must be in writing.I have told you your rights in this matter, don't pay them a penny.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Just write a response to them and state why you will not be accepting their offer and that any further communications

must be in writing.I have told you your rights in this matter, don't pay them a penny. Andy i meant my rights with regards to telephone harrassment.

Andy

:lol:

Screen your calls, don't answer, set your answer phone (they never speak to them).Can only harass you if you pick it up.

They will soon get fed up.

Andy

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Screen your calls, don't answer, set your answer phone (they never speak to them).Can only harass you if you pick it up.

They will soon get fed up.

Andy

Thank you :)

I hope they do get fed up with me just like Restons are poor Mr Bouchier going silent over the telephone lmao :lol:

No.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Only just come across this thread but just to add my own similar experience, I’m helping a friend who having lost their job last year came under the full wrath of NW. I’ve dealt with a few banks in my time but these shysters really take the biscuit! An O/D facility owing just a couple hundred quid quickly escalated into £1500 in charges with around £500 charges added in just a couple of months. Insurance taken out to fund the mortgage and that bounced as NW took the mortgage money to off-set the O/D, with further extortionate charges applied and a knock on effect with the mortgage provider also adding charges for the bounced DD.

NW are really horrible but having taken matters in hand and requested a full DSAR (and by heck that took some obtaining) they have been made fully aware they are getting sod all and invited to commence court proceedings if they don’t like it. They seek £1500 but adding up all the unlawful charges levied and that more than wipes out their figure.

I gave them a little maths exercise “you seek this figure, I seek that figure, I suggest we both knock this on the head and call it a day as you are getting diddlysquat and if you don’t like it then tough issue a court claim where a full & vigorous defence and counterclaim will be submitted! But what do they do, ignore completely and pass it to every Tom, Dick & Harry DCA. Fortunately only the nearest & dearest have the new phone number so they can only pester by post, but as far as we’re concerned they can send whatever meaningless drivel they like as it doesn’t change the situation that they are getting sweet FA. Having got the NW in-house monkeys off our backs it was passed to wescot, nelson guest, freds, carter and now robbers way have reared up thinking they can do better.

Absolutely Panther :-D

Andy

Only just come across this thread but just to add my own similar experience, I’m helping a friend who having lost their job last year came under the full wrath of NW. I’ve dealt with a few banks in my time but these shysters really take the biscuit! An O/D facility owing just a couple hundred quid quickly escalated into £1500 in charges with around £500 charges added in just a couple of months. Insurance taken out to fund the mortgage and that bounced as NW took the mortgage money to off-set the O/D, with further extortionate charges applied and a knock on effect with the mortgage provider also adding charges for the bounced DD.

NW are really horrible but having taken matters in hand and requested a full DSAR (and by heck that took some obtaining) they have been made fully aware they are getting sod all and invited to commence court proceedings if they don’t like it. They seek £1500 but adding up all the unlawful charges levied and that more than wipes out their figure.

I gave them a little maths exercise “you seek this figure, I seek that figure, I suggest we both knock this on the head and call it a day as you are getting diddlysquat and if you don’t like it then tough issue a court claim where a full & vigorous defence and counterclaim will be submitted! But what do they do, ignore completely and pass it to every Tom, Dick & Harry DCA. Fortunately only the nearest & dearest have the new phone number so they can only pester by post, but as far as we’re concerned they can send whatever meaningless drivel they like as it doesn’t change the situation that they are getting sweet FA. Having got the NW in-house monkeys off our backs it was passed to wescot, nelson guest, freds, carter and now robbers way have reared up thinking they can do better.

Good read im doing exactly that 'doing nothing' i pay them a token payment.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

In the natwest case I’m dealing with, having played pass the parcel with what must have been every DCA on the planet, natwest decided to make a “goodwill gesture” and knock £1k of charges off the outstanding sum leaving a balance of £350 to pay. Given the crap they put us through and the expense of dealing with all the dca & solicitors letters we asked them to waive the remaining outstanding sum in recognition of the unnecessary expense we have already incurred – or if they were not in agreement to this then to meet in the middle and accept £150 as full settlement. They said no and if we don’t like it to bugger off and complain to the FOS, which is what we’ve now done. The bank want £350 but it will now cost them £500 for the FOS to investigate the complaint – Madness!

Anyone know how long it usually takes before you hear back from the FOS? Posted the complaint form & docs 2 weeks ago via SD but not even an acknowledgment as yet.

Edited by panther12

In the natwest case I’m dealing with, having played pass the parcel with what must have been every DCA on the planet, natwest decided to make a “goodwill gesture” and knock £1k of charges off the outstanding sum leaving a balance of £350 to pay. Given the crap they put us through and the expense of dealing with all the dca & solicitors letters we asked them to waive the remaining outstanding sum in recognition of the unnecessary expense we have already incurred – or if they were not in agreement to this then to meet in the middle and accept £150 as full settlement. They said no and if we don’t like it to bugger off and complain to the FOS, which is what we’ve now done. The bank want £350 but it will now cost them £500 for the FOS to investigate the complaint – Madness!

Anyone know how long it usually takes before you hear back from the FOS? Posted the complaint form & docs 2 weeks ago via SD but not even an acknowledgment as yet.

It can take a few weeks they dont rush things and they lost paperwork id sent in!! I personally dont rate them myself and didnt find them very helpful but seemed more in the banks favour!!

It can take a few weeks they dont rush things and they lost paperwork id sent in!! I personally dont rate them myself and didnt find them very helpful but seemed more in the banks favour!!

Thanks Dizzie,

We finally received a letter yesterday from the FOS just letting us know they got the stuff but due to the high numbers of enquiries it’ll be around 3 weeks before we hear from them again. Yeah I’m not expecting anything positive to come from this but may as well give it a shot. We asked the bank to waive the remaining £350 outstanding amount from the £600 that they have levied to the account in charges & interest and was prepared to disregard the £250 that has already been paid to the bank in charges & interest – or failing that asked them to accept £150 to put closure to this.

I think this was a very reasonable request but they want their full pound of flesh so we’ve asked the FOS to order them to cancel the outstanding £350 by deducting it from the £600 that they have levied in charges, and because of the banks unreasonable behaviour in forcing this matter to be placed before the FOS also asked that they order the bank to refund the remaining £250 charges that has already been paid to the bank. The bank want £350 and we offered them £150 which they refused so it would be an absolute corker if the FOS did order them to cancel the £350 outstanding balance and to also repay us the remaining £250 - and which would also cost the bank a further £500 to pay the FOS for their involvement.

• 2 months later...

Not much to update on this, it’s still in the hands of the FoS. They asked Nasty for their side of the story, then asked them to provide more info, then recently wrote to say their enquiries are continuing.

Not really bothered how long it takes and at the end of the day, even if the fos side with the bank, we will pay nasty their poxy £350 in the satisfaction that it’s cost the bank £500 in fos fees to recoup their £350. Makes great business sense that!