Nhs Mediccare ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Didnt know were to post this so- sorry if this is not in the right place.

Our company recieved a telephone call from nhsmedic care 12 months ago asking if we would like to advertise on the nhs/dvla intranet,we was told that all nhs staff would see our company logo so we would create more buisnness to us if we offered a discount to all nhs/dvla staff.

We thought this was a great idea and agreed.We could not afford to pay all at once so they split the payments into three payments,the salesman who we was dealing with in my house took a cheque with him for the 1st payment.

After 6 months we had not been put on the nhs intranet,we had not recieved any booklet or gold cards (the gold cards are suppose to give me and my buisnness partner discounts at any other participating companies that signed up with the company)

Medicare started asking for the second payment so i rang them to say we was not happy cause our copmpany was not advertised.

1 month later we was up and running and recieved our cards,the 1st thing i did was went to the chinese in our town with the gold card because they to was offering 10% discount on meals.After we had eaten we went to pay the bill but they would not discount the meal because they was in court proceedings against nhs medicare for misrepresentation.

Our company recieved a court claim form for the outstanding balance today,previous to this we have been getting calls asking for payment but i have told them our company couldnt afford to pay them due to the recession which is not a lie,what i havent done is told them that this is a [problem].

I have done a lot of research on the net and believe that this company are ripping people off and not telling the truth about there advertising.

They maybe have a site that offers discount to different companies but i have asked nhs staff about this nhs medicare and they are not aware off it,i thought all nhs staff carried this gold card but as far as i am aware no nhs staff has heard of this.

I dont want to pay this company and would appreciate anyones help on this.

Thanks

P.S sorry for the essay.

Hi,

Like you I'm not too sure what the best Forum is for this :rolleyes:

I'll move it to the NHS Forum, if no joy there, maybe Legal Issues.

I'll keep an eye on the replies you get.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

No problem, thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

seems they are a [causing problems] crowd of lowlife

a forum setup regarding them

your not the first it seems and NHS not happy with them either, some info on their that may help you fighting your case

Your experience with Medic Care - WARNING! Medic Care / Medicare / Mediccarenhs - [problem] Complaints

little snipit from there , seems people are suing them

Registry Trust Limited says:

Just for your information, Medic Care Ltd have had the following

judgements made against them:

------------------------------------------------------

06/06/09 £658 - Unsatisfied judgement

15/05/09 £630 - Unsatisfied judgement

23/03/09 £748 - Unsatisfied judgement

05/02/09 £624 - Unsatisfied judgement

04/04/08 £764 - Unsatisfied judgement

22/03/07 £861 - Satisfied judgement

and another link regarding them

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/202343-have-u-heard-mediccarenhs.html

and on moneysaving expert also

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=275892

Edited by kiptower
  • Haha 1

• 11 months later...

Hi Dave,

Nice to read your story and feel in the same boat i too was approached by educe care last year having just gone self employed, i had no money an little work so decided to pay like you in instalment's. I have had all the same issues as you and have been to local hospitals who again havnt even herd of them i feel cheated up of nearly £700.00. the resin for messaging you is did you get any success in Court ? i haven't been down rout yet and wouldn't a clue where to start.

Many Thanks

• 8 months later...

Hi I am having the same problem. They told me my advert would be on the northamptonshire NHS site, thats what the contract states, they then told me after I had paid the first installment it is only the the general hospital site it is going to court in february. If you google them there are lots of complaints. The rep was very persausive and misleading they should not be allowed to get away with it. Also I was very naive because most staff dont have time to surf the net and that is what they have to do, the have to click on an external site to view the options which is not what the rep told me , he told me a pop up appears when they log on. The also have tried to cover themselves in their contract saying verbal agreements are not binding, which to me proves their intent to lie to get a contract. We have been conned that is the bottom line lets just hope the courts can see through it.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi I am having the same problem. They told me my advert would be on the northamptonshire NHS site, thats what the contract states, they then told me after I had paid the first installment it is only the the general hospital site it is going to court in february. If you google them there are lots of complaints. The rep was very persausive and misleading they should not be allowed to get away with it. Also I was very naive because most staff dont have time to surf the net and that is what they have to do, the have to click on an external site to view the options which is not what the rep told me , he told me a pop up appears when they log on. The also have tried to cover themselves in their contract saying verbal agreements are not binding, which to me proves their intent to lie to get a contract. We have been conned that is the bottom line lets just hope the courts can see through it.

Hi

We have the same problem. Have been ignored by medic care no answer to emails or letters. I agree about the verbal thing as I wasn't even told what I was signing had a contract on the back, or what the cooling off period was which in its self is against the law. Please anyone who has problems contact the trading standards, even though they may not be able to do anything they have helped me, I have to ring them tomorrow to take it further, but the more who report them, trading standards will start probing into their business! Thankyounthat you posted as I thought I had been naive and misunderstood now I know different I was just plainly ripped off.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Our restaurant was on the brink of lodging a fraud case with both the police and our bank over this company (Staff Discounts UK).

The more and more research we did, the more and more likely this looked likely to be a [problem].

But...

I contacted the company and spoke with Sharon regarding my concerns.

She gave me the details of the local Police Liaison officer which at the time I was concerned this would be fake information.

I wrote the information down and put it to the side, and decided to contact the local police themselves.

Anyway, long story cut short - I contacted the police station and asked to speak to the officer that deals with the Police Discounts.

I was transfered through to said officer, and indeed it WAS the person that Staff Discounts UK said was their contact.

She confirmed that the service we had signed up for was indeed being shown on the Police intranet site and the Staff Discounts site as well for all to see.

I explained the concerns I had about the advertising and she reassured me that everything was in order and it was a legit operation.

So I guess the moral of the story is DONT believe everything you read on the internet. Do your own research to check things out before jumping to conclusions.

With no shame I put myself in this category and I'm glad I got through to them to clear things up.

Hope these events help anyone questioning their advertising investment, and like us realise that it's maybe just the offer isnt enticing enough for the officers to take us up on. Something we will be rectifying shortly :)

Best,

Paul.

• 3 months later...

I have been advertising with Medic Care for more than 6 months now.

The salesman went through all the projections with me, was very professional, and after a short delay and a few phonecalls from me prompting them to put the advert up, my advert did make it online and has been there ever since.

My newspaper and leaflet marketing advertising does pretty well for me, however I have not had one single response from potential customers asking about the discount that can only be received by responding to my advert on Medic Care.

I really am bitterly disappointed that I spent £600 with them to end up with no responses after months of advertising, and clearly there is nothing I can do about it as legally they have not done anything wrong in my case. Since starting my advertising with Medic Care, I have met other people who have also advertised with them and had absolutely no response.