Help for newbie with NationWide

MichaelTzu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone.

This is my first post as just joined.

From 16/3/09 to 14/5/10 I have been charged £900 for Unpaid Direct Debit Fees, £120 in Unpaid Standing Order Fees, £30 in Unpaid Cheque Fees and £60 for Unauthorised Overdraft Fees by Nationwide. (In one month alone I got charged £600 which was nearly fifty per cent of what goes through the account on a monthly basis. (£1110 over a 14 month period)

In the whole of 2008 I got charged £150

In the whole of 2007 I got charged £230

In the whole of 2006 I got charged £230

In the whole of 2005 I got charged £60

I emailed Nationwide asking for a postal address where I could write in a complaint. This is their response

For electronic details of our Internal Complaints Procedure you can select Nationwide - Making a complaint.

Alternatively, you can express your complaint via this messaging service.

Please remember that the Supreme Court ruled that charges cannot be contested on the basis of them being 'unfair' or 'excessive'.

More information about the overdraft test case can be accessed via the following link:

Nationwide – Further developments in the Office of Fair Trading test case

Nationwide's internet site www.nationwide.co.uk will be updated as and when more information becomes available.

We only refund charges in exceptional circumstances. Therefore, if you would like to explain the situation surrounding the charges you have incurred, please include all relevant information which will help us to look into the matter for you.

From a Senior Customer Consultant

I phoned up the FOS who were pretty hopeless.

Can anyone give me any advice or guidance as to what to do. I have got myself into financial difficulties and just want to get out of it.

While we are on the topic of money (or lack or abuse of it) I strongly recommend checking out the following Informative sources about money: some are powerpoint and some are websites

www.prosperityuk.com/prosperity/articles/itbs2.ppt

www.warwickisoc.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Edin-CC.ppt

The Money Masters

I appreciate any advice as right now I feel I'm flogging a dead horse - not much fun if your a vegetarian!

Thank you

MichaelTzu

• 1 month later...