euro car park ticket in morrisons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i went to morrisons in chesterfield on saturday to do my shopping, the car park was busy as always and after driving round twice and not finding a space i decided to just park on the end of the parent + child bays (not in a spot) there is plenty of space to do this and i made sure i was in nobodys way and not causing any hazards or problems.

i do have two young daughters 4yr + 1yr and did have the both with me so was better parking closer to the shop anyway.

well when i can back out afer around an hour i had a parking ticket on my window for not being in a parking bay saying i have to pay £30 within 14 days or £50 after that, should i pay it? i understand i was in the wrong by not being in a spot but as i have said it was busy and i was in nobodys way or blocking anyone in. there is even enough space fo 2 more parent + child bays to be added where i parked anyway.

this is the first ticket i have ever had and was just going to pay up until reading a few threads on this forum.

i have attatched some pictures below (i have scrubbed out my reg number and refrence just incase)

P1010903.jpg

P1010902.jpg

P1010904.jpg

any help will be very appreciated :)

Just ignore, you have done nothing wrong and you do not owe them a penny.

I like the bit which says "unauthorised removal is prohibited". Who do these people think they are? They are forgetting they are just a bunch of private citizens. They are not the police or the council. Idiots!

can they not follow it up to court if i dont pay it then?

i called morrisons to see if it was anything to do with them and they said no, surely they employ them to work in the carpark? i have also never seen any signs about

In the very unlikely event that it goes to court, then the only thing they can claim is for any actual material loss suffered by the landowner. As this was a free carpark then that loss is zero. If they try to claim for that £30 then that would be deemed an unfair penalty and they would lose.

Just relax. You say you have read other threads on here, so you know that ignoring is the best course of action.

It is NOT a fine.

It is an unenforcible [problem] INVOICE that has no legal standing whatsoever.

Don't reply to any correspondence.

Do not telephone them.

Do not contact them in any way.

Despite what it says on the scamvoice, there IS NO appeal process.... All they want is your money.

You'll get a few threatening letters...... ignore all of them.

Eventually, they'll give up and chase an easier target, instead.

IGNORE

IGNORE

IGNORE!

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 5 weeks later...

NO DO NOT PAY IT!!!

Its a well known [problem]

Just ignore the 4 letters that come through the post. You wont end up with a big sum, it isnt enforceable.

You will receive letters from so called "solicitors/debt collectors" which is just part of the [problem]. When you have ignored them, they will go away.

Look @ this link:. Shows you the standard letters that you will receive: http://www.violetmount.com/[problem].jpg

That should clear your mind of any silly ideas of paying these fools

Hi just to add to everyone's advice, I received a ticket in November 2009 and followed the advice given on this site. Despite threats of hell, fire and eternal damnation I ignored everything and have not had a letter since early March.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
just had the 4th letter for some reason they skipped the 3rd on - brinx debt collection hopefully it means they will give in quicker.

i have noticed more and more carparks being run by euro car parks in chesterfield. how do they get so many if its a [problem]?

If it's a [problem]?/? IF??? It IS a [problem].

These companies offer to run car parks for retailers because the retailers worry about the car parks being filled with commuters, or people parking in disabled bays when not disabled etc. Up pops a PPC who say 'we can do all that for you for free' (or for a charge, depends on the contract). So the retailer breathes a sigh of relief and lets the PPC [EDIT] loose on their land, and they think they'll no longer have to worry about the DDA etc.

Euro Car Parks are everywhere, I am in the South and they cover most car parks here that use a PPC. We're not saying they a re not a 'real company' (they are) nor that they are not a big company (they are). What we're saying is that the way they make their money is by scaring people into thinking they HAVE to pay - when we know that you do NOT have to pay, in law. So their whole business model is a [problem].

Issuing invoices is not illegal so they don't actually break any laws with that side of their business - they are just economical with the truth. Some PPCs copy Council tickets (in fact just calling it a PCN can be seen as 'passing it off 'as a real PCN), and all PPCs use threats of Court in their letters - that's why mugs and the uninformed pay up.

I'm sure you're not a mug - and being on here you are certainly not uninformed about the [problem].

My Euro Car Parks ticket was over a year ago. I didn't get the Brinx letter either - just the rubbish from Control Account, then nothing of course because they CANNOT enforce these spurious charges!

Finally, did you miss the Watchdog programme that covered this [problem]? Watch this:

HTH

• 1 month later...

just a quick update,

i have received letters 1 2 skipped 3 and received letter 4 twice. not heard anything else now for weeks so hope that they got bored and gave up.

just a quick thanks to everyone that commented and helped if it wasnt for finding this site i would have just paid for the fine.

so a big thanks :-D

• 1 month later...