Sick to death of Nationwide

magictorch1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I would appreciate some advice.

A number of years ago - at least 7 or 8 - I can't recall without going into an archive box, Nationwide debited my account with an unpaid direct debit fee, which took the account £3 into an unauthorised overdraft.

I was in the process of leaving them anyway for another monster financial institution so I wrote to them closing the account.

I then exhausted their internal complaints procedure, by which time the charges amounted to £298.80 and this has been passed to a debt collection agent.

I think it is absoutely disgusting that a bank can charge this amount of money on a)an account that went £3 into an unauthorised overdraft, and only upon the application of one of their extortionate charges and b) how they can continue to add charge upon charge on an account that is quite obviously dormant.

I have no idea how to proceed now since the unfair bank charges case was blown out the water last year. Fredricksons are threatning court action and Nationwide's final response a couple of years ago was f-off dear customer, our charges are fair blah blah blah.

This is a morally corrupt situation. I wasn't in any unauthorised overdraft until they applied the charge and it was a basic Flexaccount, which was never supposed to be allowed to go into an overdraft, authorised or not anyway!

Any advice appreciated. Fredricksons are refusing to hold the action and I am being told they cannot go back to Nationwide with anything other than "a payment."

Thanks very much.

J.

ignore totally

very statute barred!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all

I would appreciate some advice.

A number of years ago - at least 7 or 8 - I can't recall without going into an archive box, Nationwide debited my account with an unpaid direct debit fee, which took the account £3 into an unauthorised overdraft.

I was in the process of leaving them anyway for another monster financial institution so I wrote to them closing the account.

I then exhausted their internal complaints procedure, by which time the charges amounted to £298.80 and this has been passed to a debt collection agent.

I think it is absoutely disgusting that a bank can charge this amount of money on a)an account that went £3 into an unauthorised overdraft, and only upon the application of one of their extortionate charges and b) how they can continue to add charge upon charge on an account that is quite obviously dormant.

I have no idea how to proceed now since the unfair bank charges case was blown out the water last year. Fredricksons are threatning court action and Nationwide's final response a couple of years ago was f-off dear customer, our charges are fair blah blah blah.

This is a morally corrupt situation. I wasn't in any unauthorised overdraft until they applied the charge and it was a basic Flexaccount, which was never supposed to be allowed to go into an overdraft, authorised or not anyway!

Any advice appreciated. Fredricksons are refusing to hold the action and I am being told they cannot go back to Nationwide with anything other than "a payment."

Thanks very much.

J.

As the debt is over 6 years, then it is statue barred, there fore write to Fredricksons and in big bold letters at the top state:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT.

you will find some template letter to help you.

Good Luck.