2-3 year old ccj restons hfc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey icon_smile.gif not sure if im doing this right, 1st time on a site such as this..... i was wondering if any1 can offer advice i have a ccj issued in '97' through restons hfc bank and northampton county court at the time when filling in the court forms i gave an amount i was able to pay the court later sent me a 'variation order' (determination) stating what i should pay monthly, 2 years later i received a letter from the solicitors asking for a financial statement to try pay more, are they allowed to do this? considering the courts sent me the previous amount to be paid also after the 6 years is up what will happen? will i continue paying, or can the named above higher my payments due to being disregarded from the courts under 6 year rule.. i hope this makes sense and that some1 can advise

many thanks icon_smile.gif

2 years later i received a letter from the solicitors asking for a financial statement to try pay more, are they allowed to do this?
No they can't, you pay the amount stated on the Variation Order... if they wish you to pay more they would need to apply to the court for a redetermination.

A CCJ never becomes Statute Barred and because you have been paying it is still enforceable. If there had been a six year period where you made no payment they would have had to apply to the court for permission to take enforcement.