Electoral Roll Benefits vs Alerting DCA???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently not on the electoral roll despite having lived at my current address for sometime, i currently have a satisfactory credit rating on experian, 767, however i want to improve it as have now cleared the majoirty of my debts and want to start afresh, so i could look at getting a mobile phone contract so really need to get on the electoral roll.

However, i have a default on my credit file, this was logged in Aug 2007, it was passed to a well known DCA who for a while pursued me but have in the last year or so given up, i asked them repeatedly to produce a document that proved that a) the debt was mine and b) they now owned the debt, they were unable to do so as expected and now i just the get occasional phone calls but just deny all knowledge etc,

so, if i go on the electoral roll is it likely this will impact on their activity, they already know where i am, have sent me stuff in post and landline etc as ive said, which to be honest im not too bothered about as i enjoy talking to the b@stards and taking the p_ss out of the phone monkeys that used to give me so much anguish and sleepless nights before i found this forum, so i can handle that, but more importantly i guess is will it give them a handle to pursue me in court or take any further concrete action?

Any Advice is much appreciated!

Thanks