company has not payed the last years national insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a close frend of mine works for a retail company which recently went bust and closed most of it shops. thje remander have been saved by a takeover, by the original owner and a bank from india.

she has discoverd from another worker who used to work in other shops that 2008 and probably 2009 national insurance has not been payed even though it was taken from wages. she now despretly wants to get out but it afraide she will not be able to claim anything due to no fault of her own,

what should she do

As long as she has proof on her payslips that NI has been deducted from her wages she should be ok.

If she calls the NI helpline they can tell if her contributions are up to date.

Has she got her P60 for the relevent tax years, if so and it comes up on the NI systems that the employer hasnt paid, then all she needs to do is send a copy to them and they will up date it.

This actually happened to me last year when an ex employer went under and he hadnt paid HMRC the PAYE due, and they asked for a copy of my P60 for the short year.

a close frend of mine works for a retail company which recently went bust and closed most of it shops. thje remander have been saved by a takeover, by the original owner and a bank from india.

she has discoverd from another worker who used to work in other shops that 2008 and probably 2009 national insurance has not been payed even though it was taken from wages. she now despretly wants to get out but it afraide she will not be able to claim anything due to no fault of her own,

what should she do

As stated in the previous post, as long as taxes and NI deductions show on her payslip, she will not have any problem...

Now, you say that she desperately want to 'get out' but she is afraid that she will not be able to claim anything...

She can hand over her resignation, if that is what you meant in your post, as long as she gives statutory and/or contractual notice (one week notice if she has been working for her employer for less than two years, or check her contract/statement of employment particulars)... and she would be entitled to claim monies due (notice, holidays, etc...)

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.