Dirty Tricks From The Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having posted my SAR's request to the YB on the 17th Aug, I have received a response today that has made my blood boil.

I have in fact closed my account with YB 3 years ago, however I am trying to claim my charges back from the period between Aug 2000, up to when I closed the account in 2003.

In my letter to the YB, I stated that I had moved house and changed my surname (due to my divorce). I also sent them a copy of my change of name deed to prove my identity. All of my correspondence was returned to me today, including the change of name deed document. The only thing they did not return was my cheque for £10. This was cashed on the 23rd Aug.

The letter from the YB states 'In order for Yorkshire Bank to provide you with the information requested please return the enclosed documentation (my original letter etc) along with your Yorkshire Bank account number'.

I have long since disposed of all information relating to this account and I do not have any documents which state my account number. However, having turned my house upside down today, - I have found an old Switch card receipt featuring a 19 digit number. The last 9 digits of this number do look familiar. Could this be my account number?

YB have really got me over a barrel. Can anyone advise me on this matter?

I can not believe the nerve of this bank cashing my cheque and then stating that I must provide them with my old account number.

I look foward to receiving your responses.

Many thanks

Ruth T

You dont need to supply them with an account number. They have to supply information relating to an individual, not an account.

If I were you, I'd write back telling them that you dont have the number and remind them that if they fail to comply with the request before the 40 day deadline, they will be reported to the infomation commissioner.

They've not got you over a barrel. You've supplied them with everything you need to. You've just got them squirming already!

• Confused 1

Yorkshire Bank £4697 Settled in full:D

Bank of Ireland Mortgages £1055 + Interests + costs Settled in full

MSDW £495 Settled in full

Many thanks for your response. I will be writing to the YB again today requesting information relating to my account.

Once again thank you.

I will keep the forum posted during my battle with YB.

Regards

Ruth T

Turt is spot on Ruth. The SAR applies to you as an individual and encompasses all accounts. If they have your name, address and proof of any changes it is up to them to provide all the information on you and any accounts you held. This is typical of the sort of delaying and intimidatory tactics you can expect from YB. Be strong and you will get you money back.

• Confused 1
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Even though you don't need the account number, it is the number on your switch card. You recognised the last 9 digits? Well knock off the the 9th, and the account number is the 8 preceding it.

Hope this helps.

• Confused 1

Yorkshire Bank - owe me £1956

Prelim letter sent 17/07/06

"Forget it" letter received 19/07/06

LBA sent 21/07/06

Claim submitted 08/08/06

Defence received Day 28 07/09/06

Allocation questionnaire sent 13/09/06

YB offer £1588 + £120 costs 27/09/06

Rejected! 29/09/06

YB offer £1985 + £220 costs 21/12/06

Accepted! 22/12/06

Awaiting cheque

Barclays Bank - owe me £229

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 13/07/06

£10 cheque returned, duplicate statements coming soon letter rec'd 20/07/06

Statements received on Day 41

Prelim letter sent 8th Jan 07

Nationwide BS - owe me £329

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 13/07/06

Statements received very promptly

Prelim letter sent 8th Jan 07

And just to add to your argument (not that you need it), I didn't have my account number either. I actually received a letter and a phone call from YB saying they needed my account number. I replied telling them no they didn't, that i'd already given them all they information they needed to find my account, and they had the remainder of the 40 days to get my information to me.

it was all on my doormat within the original 40 days :)

• Confused 1

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

Many thanks for your prompt responses to my problem with the YB. Your help and advice really does give me great confidence in dealing with an issue that I would never have taken on without your help and support.

Once again, thank you. I will keep the forum posted.