Insurer informs authorised repairer to give my GF a loan car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sheilaswheels have confirmed to my GF that she is entitled to a loan car while her car is repaired. (Spot of vandalism involving replacing of drivers door). Car is with the insurers authorised repairer who have been told to give my GF a courtesy car.

Garage say they dont have any available so Insurer has told them to hire a car for her. Now they're stalling and its already four days since the car was taken away.

I suggested a quick call from her solicitors but she hasnt got a regular "attorney" so any ideas please ???

it may be better t have the car removed from the garage and speak with the insurer about using aother garage,if your GF is suffering any loss then make an immediate claim for the loss,this ought to wake up the garage as well as the insurance company

Thanks Patrick I think we'll threaten them with that this morning just to see if they can finally pull their finger out. It appears that not all insurance "courtesy car" options are the same !!! Worth checking the small print I suppose ?