Resignation from a zero hour contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been asked by some one what the best thing to do is, but I really don't know. I'm hoping some one in here will be able to help. :)

They have a job with a zero hour contract. They have now found a better one, with better pay, but the new job wants them to start immediately. They have been told they don't need to work a weeks notice on that contract. They can't actually find the contract, so can't check. They have worked there over 12 months if that makes a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Sea-sidelady,

The employer will be correct in this instance - post 12 months but less than 2 years service is a standard 1 week notice - usually!!

I dont see any reason why it would be less otherwise it would be considered illegal in employment law.

If your friend did not turn up for the week of notice period that would risk being unpaid for the time as it would be a breach of contract.

I can however say that if your friend has any holiday pay due then that cannot be stopped - holiday pay is a statutory right.

Hope this helps

Beau

• Haha 1

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Thanks Beau

That is what I had understood. They now want me to write a resignation letter them, not a problem, but they are wanting it tomorrow, and they don't want to go back in as from tonight. The company they are leaving are really bad, and will insist they give 4 weeks and always withhold and pay due. (4 ex staff are taking them to court for this already!)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .