Help please Poss fraud dca + solicitors chasing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I need advice on what to do!!!!!

The history is as follows:

In 2008 I was chased by DCA's for debt that was not mine, i subsequently contacted the DCA and found that a account was opened in London with Lloyds TSB in Nov 2005 by someone with my name and DOB. I instructed the DCA this was not me which they did not believe i subsequently contacted the police to report a possible fraud as instructed by dca and obtained a crime reference number and forwarded to DCA. all went quite.

2 weeks ago i checked my credit file and noticed i had a default on my file in feb 2010 by a DCA, i contacted the DCA by phone and explained my situation to which they where not interested.

I have subsequently recieved on the 1st April a letter from a solicitors acting on behalf on the DCA detailing Notice of intention to issue court proceedings.

Below i have attached the information i have forwarded by i am lost on what to do next, i would be very very greatfull on advice on how to proceed.

Ref: xxxxxxx

James,

Please find below my previous letter relating to the incorrect identification of the Lloyds TSB account to myself, in addition to the below information i contacted xxxxx in the fraud department at Lloyds TSB to highlight this issue. I was informed that the account was opened in November 2005 in London with the postcode NW2 where i have never visited let alone resided, subsequently the application information is being posted so i can confirm this is not myself.

In respect of your claim against myself I am extremely distressed that you have issued a default against my credit file and instructed xxxfax Solicitors to issue county court proceedings against me, with the intention of obtaining a charging order against my property without any previous communications.I fail to understand how myself a victim of the above, under the stress caused can obtain such information and your company who is a professional could not do so before taking the above action.

I trust the content of this letter provides clarity to the issue and you act swiftly to resolve this situation, I await you quick response to this matter as you have currently destroyed my credit rating and are causing stress to myself.

If I can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me on the above details.

David

On 1 October 2008 13:22, David

Gareth ,

As per our discussion please find below the relative information

relating to myself being incorrectly identified as the person owing

the sum of monies to your client.

In July of this year i was notified by xxx International recovery

agency that i was liable for an oustanding credit card balance of

£1438.26 owing to Lloyds TSB, I informed Miss xxxney of the said

recovery agency that I have never banked or owned a credit card with

this Bank.

I verbally provided my previous addresses as requested to which none

matched the London address she informed me I once or currently resided

at. I then informed her that I have never lived in or near london and

i have aways lived in the North East area and instructed her that

someone has made a mistake in tracing myself to the outstanding debt.

I then subsequently Telephoned Lloyds TSB fraud line tel xxxxx025669

and spoke to xxxx and informed her of the above she informed me that

they had no record of myself at the above address on record, i then

subsequently telephoned xxxx Police as Instructed to do so by

Miss xxxx and obtained a Crime reference number(r1xxxx) from

PCXX11.

Please take the above information and conduct a thorough investigation

on this outstanding debt if i can assist any further please do not

hessitate to contact me.

sorry this is so long!

Edited by quickwheels

Guest Cartaphilus
to report a possible fraud as instructed by dca and obtained a crime reference number and forwarded to DCA. all went quite.
Well, in that case, wouldn't it be actual not possible fraud?

DCA and found that a account was opened in London with Lloyds TSB in Nov 2005 by someone with my name and DOB

I have an idea what letter maybe needs to be sent to them but will wait other opinions first from others who know more than me.

To me, it seems very wrong they are ignoring the police TBH. And proceeding anyway ...

International recovery

agency

? Which DCA was it and why were they 'international?'

Please take the above information and conduct a thorough investigation

on this outstanding debt if i can assist any further please do not

hessitate to contact me.

Perhaps you need to request a copy of their complaints procedure. Because, for whatever reasons, all parties aren't taking it seriously nor investigating it correctly. They can very easily go and check a police crime number for example from the source and should surmise that's one of the things they would initially do when a fraud department gets involved?

Seems rather a peculiar situation to be in to me.

Awful lot of 'guests' suddenly viewing this thread in comparison with the rest on this page right now. Must be a popular place. :)

Edited by Cartaphilus
To remove the pasted PC number

Poss fraud...... not sure if someone has opened account using false detail or they have put 2+2=10.

The currrent DCA is arrow global, not sure if you could post DCA's

I am concerned regarding the solicitors letters, sould i sent all this info via recorded delivery?

also i am annoyed they have defaulted my file.

Guest Cartaphilus

Yes, you can post DCA names ... It helps others you see knowing whom you are dealing with and may have had dealings with them before.

I am concerned regarding the solicitors letters, sould i sent all this info via recorded delivery?

Yes, in all instances. So for future reference maybe. The letter I was going to suggest before may not be useful here as reading through several times, it may need something else at this stage.

not sure if someone has opened account using false detail or they have put 2+2=10.

Well, I was unsure over it being the DCA suggesting that (which would be unlikely anyway given things like Data Protection (which they fall back on when it suits for example) or was you told them it was. Thank you for clarifying.

Seems a terribly complicated thing (but I am only a layperson so am looking at it from that perspective).

also i am annoyed they have defaulted my file.
That can possibly be dealt with later. My first thought was that you'd accessed your credit file and left what I read is known as a 'footprint' so might be why this has all been triggered a few months later.

Anyway, hope you get somewhere with it as it must be very worrying.

Edited by Cartaphilus

Guest Cartaphilus
?? dont understand?
That was my fault, my apologies. Just when I returned to the main forum page earlier I noted how many guests were viewing. Sometimes they are bots sometimes not. Edited by Cartaphilus

allied international are prohibited from selling on this debt to arrow while there was a clear dispute

i take it the solicitors letters was full of may and iffs

and yes

if they have been informed this is not your debt and you have supplied a crime reference number

the default must be removed with immediate effect

allied international are prohibited from selling on this debt to arrow while there was a clear dispute

the debt is will Lloyds TSB they have sold it now to Arrow and they have instructed Fairfax solicitors.

i take it the solicitors letters was full of may and iffs

they say if a response is not provided by the 30th of april, our client (arrow dca ) is confident you do not have a legitimate defence.

we urge you to contact us on tel no....... to avoid this becoming necessary... Who and what do i send?

and yes

if they have been informed this is not your debt and you have supplied a crime reference number

the default must be removed with immediate effect

how do i request this?

sorry i am lost on who is the person i should send recorded letters?

quickwheels

xx

xx

Arrow Global

Xx

Date

Account Number (arrow Ref)

formal Complaint As To Your Complaints Procedure

Dear Sir/madam

I Am Writing You This Letter To Be Handled As To Your Official Complaints Procedure. Until I Receive A Reply, I Require This Account Be Placed On Hold Until I Receive A Final Response.

In My Telephone Correspondance To You Dated Xxxxxxx, I Informed You I Was Not The Person Responsable For This Debt. I Supplied A Crime Reference Number To Confirm This.

It Is Obviouse You Have Linked Myself With A Person With The Same Name And Date Of Birth.

I Informed You That Your Company Had Placed A Default Marker On My Credit File.

I Am Now Informing You With Immediate Effect To Remove That Marker And Any Reference To This Account From My Credit Files.

I Need Not Remind You On The Legislation Contained In The Administration Of Justice Act 1970 And The Protection From Harassment Act 1997.

This Default Marker Is Defamatory And Civil Action Will Comence Against Your Company If It Is Not Removed Within Fourteen Days.

I Reserve The Right To Suply A Copy Of This Letter To The Office Of Fair Trading And The Financial Ombudsman If Required.

This Account Was Passed Onto Your Company By Allied International Credit While In Dispute.

Again I Enclose All Correspondants And Require Your Full Deligence In This Matter

send Recorded To Arrow And Enclose All Correspondants Ref This Matter

Thank you so much,there is a bit of clarification i need to add as allied was in 2008, arrow are a new dca they have been sold the debt by Lloyds and they have instruced fairfax solicitors.

i emailed arrow with all info

i will ammend the letter.

Thanks again will keep you posted

I personally would have Subject access request, I would have wanted to see signatures and also more importantly any payments made to the account, it would help you get more arguments. Why is the debt only 1438? Why would someone go through an elaborate fraud for a relatively small amount of money? I think they have just got the wrong person.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.