Van vs Lloyds, post Test Case

Vanderpelt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently toted up the amounts that Lloyds owe me from around 2001 to present, and it surprised even me when it came to £2,599. I have used Martin Lewis calculator and the interest on that is £751.52. I understand (as like many I have been watching the developments) that claiming charges back has become both harder and more complicated due to the test case that trundled its way through the court process.

My question is according to ML there are two basic arguments, the human one, or the legal one. I am tempted to do a hybrid one of arguing where Lloyds caused my wife and I great difficulties (that have taken 7 years to get out of) as well as slap them with the legal one (which is section 140 CCA I think of the top of my head).

I am in the process of drafting the letter to put to you guys here, but what do you think?, as I am about to be finished with our credit cards now (on the last one WOOHOO) and I really don’t want to let this amount of money slide.

Any thoughts, as I understand that Lloyds are in the process of defending a couple new cases is that right?

Van

Edited by Vanderpelt
Change in Circumstances

Vanderpelt Vs Monument "won" (5 mins before court)

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Natwest WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs Marbles WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs Cap 1 WON

Vanderpelt Vs HFC (2 PPI, both WON)

Hi Vanderpelt,

You are correct, there are a number of cases in the system that will challenge Lloyds legal team and that they will have to defend. No doubt the results of these will come through in the next month or so.

Lloyds won't want to settle these at it could reopen the floodgates. But then if they defend them and lose they're in the same situation.

From experience the courts (judges) are only interested in the legal arguments. Unless you have very specific proof that the bank mishandled and mistreated you I would try the personal route, unless you are experiencing real hardship.

Bornrich

So is it best to wait for the other court cases to resolve themselves, and does it matter that some of the charges are from 2001?

as it had been my intention to send a few letters to test the water and see what responce i got from them.

Edited by Vanderpelt
Clarifying Point

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

any thoughts?

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON