Not Declared 3 Points And Had Rta Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys hope sombody can help i was involved in a RTA last week all was well but car was wrote off and insurance company offered a fare price. When i excepted there offer the guy asked me if i had any points to which i said no. After the phone call my wife said i did have points, i had forgot all about them 3 points for speeding 3 years 7 months ago and i had not told my insurance company about them as i had totally forgot. I rang them straight away and confessed all,they have said not to worry it will go to there underwriters and i may have to pay any increased premiums i should have paid. Can they stop my claim my car was hit from behind while stopped at a roundabout not my fault but if my insurance is void what will happen . Iam very worried as i need my car for work,

This happens quite a lot so don't worry too much about it.

The worst case scenario is they tell you that your insurance is void and give you your premiums back. This is a possible outcome but very very very unlikely to happen. If it did then you would make a claim against the other driver directly (and you would be paid out, even if he has the same insurer that you have)

The 90% likely to happen outcome is they will ask you for an increased premium of somewhere between 5% and 15% of your original premium to reflect th slightly higher risk that you present

The 9% likely to happen outcome is they say no additional premium required as they accept that 1 speeding offence isn't too bad.

Seriously, don't worry, post back with what they reply and we'll advise you further then

Mossy