Dishwasher Repair Protection Plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks.......need some advice here before I get really angry and rip heads of!!!!

Ok, the story begins with my Dishwasher.

I took out a Repair Proetection Plan on it January last year when it broke down after 4 years from new. A new motor was fitted but another problem was highlighted with the engineer at that time.

This problem went onto becoming an official complaint when it took 17 weeks to resolve for which I argued that that was 50% of the repair protection period. I was given a goodwill gesture and the dishwasher was fixed.

Since then the same problem with the dishwasher has arrisen its ugly head and we are now into the second year of a repair protection plan. The correct manufactural Whirlpool parts were fitted but had not resolved it again so the engineer came and fitted..............wait for it...............a YELLOW CABLE TIE!!!!!!!

I am rather bemused that this has solved it but that the engineer thought that this was manufactural part in the first place.

I feel uneasy that I have to accept this level of repair that may fail in the future and require another engineer to come out and scoff at the yellow cable tie as a repair.

I need advice as to what to do now.

1. I want my dishwasher to fixed using the regular manufactural parts in the correct manner they were made for.

2. I want another apology from the company who have spent over a year fobbing me off and not actually fixing the original problem to my satisfaction.

3. I want a refund on the payments I have paid for a repair protection plan for the time that the company has clearly not been able to honour satisfactorily.

I have a recorded post paper trail for all of this and don't know if I should take it to the repair company?

I have never seen, signed a job sheet for any of the repairs so don't know how they have been recorded. They could come back saying that a part is on order which is not what the engineer told me when he left.

Or, should I involve the Brand Name Company as they are acting as a repair agent for them?

Or, Trading Standards?

Thanks for reading this drivel, now can you offer any advice please?

I have taken photographs of this last unbelievable "repair"!!!!!

Edited by Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Update.

Got home this morning to find that the yellow cable tie has failed!! surprise, surprise!!! :mad:

Telephoned the company and told them that I was not happy with the level of service and informed them of the yellow cable tie being the last repair. They are sending someone out next Wednesday........another day waiting for them to "fix my dishwasher". Wonder what they will use next time!! :mad:

Still feel that it has taken too long to resolve this........if they ever do! :mad:

Who can I take it to?

Advice please?

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Feeling all alone here......but hey.....I'll keep going.

Completed the online form for advice on the Consumer Direct web site.

Phonecall this morning to inform me that I definately have cause for complaint against the Insurance company I have the Repair Plan with (they chose the repair company, not me) and to now proceed to the FOS.

Gonna complete their online form now and will update when I hear anything.

Got Debt problems?

Just checked with Royal Mail...........FOS have received my paperwork.

Today the engineer was to come and fix my dishwasher!!! HA HA I DON'T THINK SO :mad: He phoned to say that he was going to order a new part..........thats novel seeing as his cable tie didn't work!!

Why didn't he order it 10 days ago when I phoned to say that the cable tie he fitted had failed and the company booked todays appointment?

What a complete and utter waste of time. :mad:

Feathers are well and truely flustered now. :mad:

Got Debt problems?

Hey NO

Can't really offer any advice but thought I'd come on for a bit of moral support and a bump for you:)

If it's any consolation I know how you feel. When we were flush a few years ago we bought a top of the range Smeg dishwasher - about £650 pounds - as we thought it would mean that would be it for many years. After 18 months the pump went. An independent engineer came out and said this was very odd as not only should the pump be pretty stable in any machine, but Smeg was a very reliable make. Anyway, this was set to cost us a shade under £175 for parts and labour.

We complained to Smeg saying for a machine of this value it should last longer than 18 months and after a lot of arguing they agreed to foot most of the bill. About 6 months later the same thing happened. They again, after much more arguing than last time, agreed to foot the bill (entirely this time for some reason) and we insisted on a 2 year guarantee being thrown in.

The pump went again within the guarantee period, was fixed, and then went AGAIN about 10 months out of guarantee. This machine is now just under 4 years old and has broken 4 times with the same issue. We complained it was not fit for purpose but the best we could get out of them was for them to replace it at a partial cost to us - partial being about £300:mad: Sadly all this was before CAG and before I knew my rights:(

Touch wood the new machine has been ok for a few years now, but I still get furious that they treated us like that, especially when it was not exactly a cheap item.

Is there any way you could demand payment for the day you had to sit in waiting for him to turn up? Lost wages and all that? I know it doesn't fix your machine but a bit of compo would be in order here I think!

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Lexis thankyou for keeping me company here.........I was begining to think I was talking to my self........well I do sometimes!!!!

Our dishwasher was originally a replacement, at a so-say reduced price, when the last one became irreparable under warranty. This one has now taken so long to fix I am loosing interest!

The engineer is coming next Wednesday to "fix" it..............if he doesn't I will lock him inside it!!!!!:D

The FOS have copies of all the paperwork now so I'm waitng for a fat compensation cheque and a new dishwasher!!!!!

Got Debt problems?

Lexis thankyou for keeping me company here.........I was begining to think I was talking to my self........well I do sometimes!!!!

Our dishwasher was originally a replacement, at a so-say reduced price, when the last one became irreparable under warranty. This one has now taken so long to fix I am loosing interest!

The engineer is coming next Wednesday to "fix" it..............if he doesn't I will lock him inside it!!!!!:D

The FOS have copies of all the paperwork now so I'm waitng for a fat compensation cheque and a new dishwasher!!!!!

Yeah but he know's he'd be safe in there as it doesn't work:D:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Safe?........I don't think so!

I'll show him a use for a cable tie!!!!!!:eek:

Got Debt problems?

Hellooooooooooooo dishwasher man.............where are you?:mad:

Today was our appointment...........the suns out and I'm stuck in waiting for you!:mad:

No word yet from the FOS.:(

Got Debt problems?

Hellooooooooooo dishwasher man you are in deep trouble now.:mad:

He didn't turn up.....no phone call.......nothing.:mad:

I phoned the office at 16.50 to find out what time he was coming.

Her words were "I'm sorry I can't get hold of him at the moment, I think he's having trouble getting a mobile signal" LIES, LIES, LIES.:mad:

I'm so sick to the back teeth of this whole saga. :mad:

I phoned the FOS. They have my paperwork but are about 3 days behind in dealing with it.:mad:

PS. What rights do I have now to refuse the engineer entry to fix it? I'm soooooooo angry I have really had enough now.

I have waited for 2 Wednesdays in a row for him to come and he hasn't. I have had to rearange my night shifts.

Plus all the other wasted days over the last 16 months.

Edited by Night Owl
PS added.

Got Debt problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Still no word, phonecall, anything from the engineer or company that SHOULD be fixing my dishwasher. Really hacked off. :mad:

This morning got a letter from the FOS.........it's all in their hands now. :D

Had a second letter of complaint ready to go to the company I have the Repair Plan with but won't send it now, will leave the FOS to do all the running 'cause I have really had enough of it all. :mad:

Got Debt problems?

Ok.....today received a letter from the insurance company I have the Repair Protection Plan with. They have recevied the FOS enquiry and tell me that my Plan with them is a service agreement and is not regulated by the Ombudsman Service! :confused:

Should I worry about this? :confused:

They also say that they understand that the appliance has been repaired!!! No mention of the last failed repair.....a yellow cable tie!!! :mad:

Do I write to them or leave it to the FOS to sort out?

My dishwasher is still not working. :mad:

Can anyone offer any advice......please?

Got Debt problems?

• 3 months later...

Hi there you are NOT alone as right now I know how you feel. I rely on my dishwasher big style as I have been in and out of hospital with serious kidney problems over the last 3 months.

% weeks ago my Hotpoint dishwasher stopped working so the engineer came out and lets just say he has been out for the 5th time today and although he fixed the problem something else he had already fixed broke. I have not actually been able to use my dishwasher since it originally broke but trying to get a new one is impossible. The dishwasher is 16 months old and extended guarantee so they say they do not need to replace it. What is even worse is I am paying for it over 4 year so still have almost 3 to go but will be paying for a machine that will have gone to scrap.

I am sick of it. What was the point of an extended guarantee???????

ohhh well guess I will have to buy a new one and keep paying for this piece of junk as well.

Hi charlierats,

your story is just as appaling as mine!

You say your dishwasher is only 16 months old with an extended guarantee and is still not working............it's disgusting the way customers have to suffer poor customer service after investing a lot of money in an appliance.

Did you go through Hotpoint to get the engineers to come and fix it?

Keep a record of the calls you make, time and to whom, and the visits by the engineers, and details of what they do.

Have you spoken to Hotpoint to tell them that you are not happy with the service under your extended guarantee?

Write to them, recorded delivery, and quote to them the Sale of Goods Act.

You have rights that your appliance should be sold to you in good working condition and last at least a specified length of time.

Speak to Consumer Direct for advice,

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

Have a read of this thread,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251759-Washing-machine-(candy)help-please-possibly-ending-in-small-claim-action

I eventually got mine replaced with a new one but it was a long fight.

Good luck and fight on for a successful result.

Got Debt problems?

• 1 year later...