Motorbility car damaged....advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have a motorbility car which i first recieved in march 2008. In sept 2008 another car ploughed into the driver's side of my car and it had to be towed to the garage for repairs....Insurance was notified after the accident and i had to pay the excess £75 for repairs to be done......in feb 2009 when the roads were covered in thick ice and snow, i pulled into a parking space between a concrete post and another car and the car skidded on the ice putting my car in such a position that i got wegded on the post...I couldnt reserve or drive forward straight as this would have meant hitting the adjacent car so i tried edging forward slowly and backwards to get out of dilemma but the post ended up scratching and denting almost the whole passenger side...The damage is all cosmetic and dosent affect the performance of the car itself. I again notified the insurance who told me it was put down as wear and tear....My question being : if I take the car back in march 2011 when im due to exchange it will i be charged for the damage or can i get it repaired through the insurance before handing back and how much would i be charged for it.....or can i take it back as it is, beings as the insurance was informed and the garage where i got the car know about the damage as it was noted when its been for its services....

ty in advance

debi

You could in theory insist that the insurers pay up and get the car fixed... but the very real danger is that they would then deem you too high a risk and refuse to insure you, which means you would effectively lose the access to the scheme.

When you hand back the car, they will inspect it, take it back and then ship it straight off to auction, so I doubt very much they'll insist on your paying to fix it. however, you can also kiss goodbye to the (currently) £200 bonus cashback you would get for handing back a car with minimal wear and tear.

You might want to give Mota themselves a call rather than the insurers and see what they have to advise. ;-)

*edit: Check out the Motability website here: http://www.motabilitycarscheme.co.uk/main.cfm?Type=CZSI, it says that depending on how bad the damage is, they may ask you to contribute ot the cost of repairs. I strongly recommend yu give them a call tomorrow to find out what they consider acceptable.

Edited by Bookworm

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I managed to scrape the passenger side front corner on a cement post at Gatwick. I phoned Motability and all they were really worried about was that it was still safe to drive.

They sent me a letter noting my call but did point out that I may not get my £200 back for a car in fair condition. As already mentioned do you have it done on insurance and pay the £75 excess in the hope of getting the cashback. Also not sure if it would effect your no claims bonus if you claim should you come out of the scheme.

Our`s is due for change at Xmas but I`m inclined to leave it. It`s a jungle out there. Good luck

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)