Schedule of charges.

gordond
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is a list of charges, dates and what the charges were for - basically a print out of your spreadsheet, without the s.69 interest. Including it with the prelim should prevent any obstructive delays on your claim.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi all. I am in the process of completing my schedule. Since I have not had an overdraft facility the charges consist almost entirely of Unpaid DD charges. I am going to ignoret the bank's interest charges; is this reasonable?

What is a CLEARED TRANSACTION on the schedule template?

If you have not had an overdraft facility then what have the bank charged you interest on? If the charges applied have caused you to be overdrawn, and that is the only reason for any overdraft in your account, then as the charges are unlawful penalties it stands to reason that any interest charged on them will also be unlawful - if the bank should not be making the penalty charges, it certainly should not be charging you interest on them.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you The Phoenix. Yes. your comment makes perfect sense.

Another silly question. but procederes can be a bit like this.

On my bank staements a refund to charges has, on a few occasions, been made; but no reference to the particular charge is made. Am I correct in entering this as a negative in the spreadsheet and letting the sum adjust accordingly?

Definitely - if they have refunded you any money at all, then this MUST be accounted for. After all, you are only claiming for money that they have taken unlawfully - if they have subsequently returned it then you cannot realistically claim for it.

In light of this I would suggest double and treble-checking your statements against spreadsheet entries: this has happened before, and people have overlooked a single refunded charge. The bank will be looking out for this, and will use it as a painful obstacle in your claim...

Help please and I do hope to get started after this. My bank statements consist of two types of listings: (1) a listing of charges-date and description of each charge (2) a listing of transactions on which the charges referred to in (1) are actually deducted from my account.

Now, on my schedule do I enter the date of the charges from (1), or from (2). ie, from the date charges were incurred or from the date the charges were deducted?

The date the charges were taken from your account - this is usually the same date each month, although some banks slap the charge on immediately.