Lowells/Hamptons Stat Demand Help Req. Urgently Pls / **SET ASIDE _ SUCCESSFUL**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Deb...

All looking good for you, seems you are getting it all together!

When you take the papers to court tomorrow make sure you take 3 sets, one for your records one for the court and the court send one set to Lowlife. When you swear the papers in the court will then send you a hearing date. Its free by the way.

Include copies of the requests for docs you have made to Lowlife with your proof of posting along with your affidavit evidence, 6.4/6.5's and a copy of the SD served.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

MJ:)

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all, letter to lowlifes today (recorded del) stating that they are not authorised to take money from my account, personally took a letter to the bank reminding them of DD guarantee and that no money to lowlifes to be taken from my account, of which I have a receipt.

Finalising my 6.4 and 6.5 forms tonight, going to the court tomorrow! :)

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Debshe....

Let us know!!

Hi! Just to say Forms 6.4 & 6.5 went in today - thank you all for your help! Must've thought I was really keen as I was there at opening time at 8.30am.

I had a lovely Clerk, very helpful, got receipt for my papers. She did say that she had received papers yesterday for someone else involving these 'bunch of clowns' (my words not hers!) -but her look said it all! :)

I shall keep you posted.

well done Debs,

First hurdle..done and dusted

Now you get some time to catch up on your sleep, without thinking what do i do next every waking moment!

Just do as much reading on here as you can and let us know when you get your hearing date!

MJ:)

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

What odds would you give for Debshe not recieving any paperwork and the losers not turning up???

The OFT dont look too kindly on those companies using the Stat Demand to frighten. Remember what happened to 1st Credit.

OFT imposes requirements on 1st Credit over debt collection practices - The Office of Fair Trading

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You seem to have it all in hand.....I like the fact that they put the wrong court on the demand which (depending on what the judge is like on the day) could indeed be construed as an abuse of process....the fact you attempted to call the person named on the demand and weren't able to get through will also bode well.....

A statutory demand must show a named person or persons from the Creditor or their agent/solicitor whom you can contact directly. This is Rule 6.2 of The insolvency Rules 1986.

This means that if the statutory demand doesn't give the name of a person you can speak to then it is not valid. If you try to contact the named person and they won’t put you through then it is also invalid.

• 2 weeks later...

Update....

Lowells CCA deadline date came and went on 27th April - nothing received. Have recently sent follow up letter saying they failed to respond to my request etc.

SARs request to creditors, CAP1 came back saying that they have no records for me at all! Shop Direct came back with what looks like a screen printout of my account, very tiny and illegible, no agreement etc.

Have not heard from court re any date set for set aside, did call them and they have said I should hear next week some time.

TODAY UNBELIEVABLY - two letters received from Hamptons re the above accounts to the effect that: as they haven't heard from me I must contact them to make payments or I shall be pursued through the County Court......... The bunch of idiots!!!!

• 3 months later...

Update:

Set Aside Hearing was today. Solicitor turned up representing the lowlifes, asked to speak to me prior to the hearing and said that he was going to ask for an adjournment. As soon as he said that I told him that I no longer wished to speak to him. We went in, he asked the Judge for the adjournment stating that he did not have necessary paperwork! Surprise Surprise IN FACT HE HAD NO PAPERWORK I opposed the adjournment on the basis that they should have had all of their legal instruments in place prior to commencing legal proceedings as it had been some 4 months. After a few arguments back and forth the Judge declined the adjounrment and set aside the statutory demand. Yehhhhhhh so thank you all who have helped me, especially CAG, MJ and Vinegarvera. My costs were slightly carved up, however, but I did get awarded costs :) I guess it will be the case of getting them now.........................hhahahahaha

CAG 1 Lowlife Losers 0

yay...well done Debshe

What did i tell ya....they say the same old crap everytime....dont have all the docs! my backside!

I knew you could do it!... and they have to pay costs within 14 days, if not send in the baliffs!!

well done

MJ

Click to donate

Well done, I will amend your thread title :)

Edited by citizenB
Title amended to reflect success

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi DebShe,

Well done on getting a great result here !!

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)