"Monument - Barclaycard"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

I'm new here and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I've been dealing with Cabot Financial. The account in question went into default in Feb 2002, and the account was sold to Cabot in May 2007. It was a "Monument - Barclaycard". I've made a few payments sporadically, starting in October 2007.

After discovering this website a week or so ago, I contacted Cabot and asked for a breakdown of my account, and a copy of the original CCA. They sent the list of payments through and a note stating that the CCA would be sent when they receive it. I received this on April 1st. I noticed that they've added interest onto my account, can they do this ??? Also, what happens if they do not send the CCA to me ? Can i do anything ?

I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi kb - welcome to CAG

It would be better if you started a new thread of your own for this one as this thread is so long, it will get lost here & you might not get the help you are seeking.

If you need to know how follow this link:

How Do I....? A Dummies Guide to the Forum - Consumer Wiki

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

what happens if they do not send the CCA to me ? Can i do anything ?
Yes you can send the 'In Dispute' letter and withold future payment until they provide an enforceable agreement http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale