New sick pay law 6th April 2010

Labtec81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone can make this Fit Notes To Replace Sick Notes From 6th April 2010 - thebestof Camberley blog and this http://www.parkcity.co.uk/files/Fit%20Notes%20Information%20(March%202010).pdf sound a bit clearer to me please?

My other half is having an operation (as and when she's further up the list) to have her Gall Bladder removed and has been told she wouldn't be able to work for 2-3 weeks minimum after the operation (could be upto 5 weeks) now what with this change in the law regarding sick notes now being called fit notes, presumably this wouldn't affect her as she has been told she wouldn't be fit for work after the operation, but she was told this before this new change in the law so now presumably she would have to get a fit note saying she was unfit for work off the doctor or from the hospital where she's going to be having the operation?

I don't see as it will make a difference between the old style sick note and the new style fit note as both would say UNFIT for work for the specified time period, or would the law now say a doctor would have to say well she can do this this that and the other but she can't lift etc etc etc, because after having the operation to remove her Gall Bladder she was told she won't be able to lift/stretch etc etc, oh and she works in a cafe where lifting and bending down/stretching is part of everyday tasks.

Any advice please? Or am I for the most part right in what I'm thinking?

Thank you.

Just about spot on.

Read this if you want more info Acas - Statement of Fitness for Work or 'Fit Note'

It's an okay idea in theory but in practice a bit pointless as that's what Occupational Health is for.

You'll either able to or or not work and the doctor unless an expert on every workplace and industry can only go on/suggest things you as the patient have told them.

It looks more like a tool for the move of benefits to ESA as I'm sure some guidance will be issued that will make everybody eligible for the back to work group or not at all!

@ cbbc

yes they can if your individual circumstances warrant it.

All this really does is introduce a new box which says can the person do any work? If yes please supply details of what they can do.

In practice (I've just been signed off today) all it really means is that your doctor will now ask do you think you can do any work? If you tell them you can and they agree with what you suggest then that will be written on the note.

@ cbbc

yes they can if your individual circumstances warrant it.

All this really does is introduce a new box which says can the person do any work? If yes please supply details of what they can do.

In practice (I've just been signed off today) all it really means is that your doctor will now ask do you think you can do any work? If you tell them you can and they agree with what you suggest then that will be written on the note.

Then the Fit Notes sounds a lot of rubbish to me I heard that being mentioned on TV this week also. Isn't obvious if you are visiting your GP you are not well and unfit for wort if you feel you cvan work withing days of being ill then it'sd not worst visiting the gp at all. It's just another lot of confusion and stress for sick people.

• 2 weeks later...

The fault lies not with the immigrants, (you can't blame them for going after something that is available) but with the system, the government and the laws of this country.

Charity begins at home.

The fault lies not with the immigrants, (you can't blame them for going after something that is available) but with the system, the government and the laws of this country.

Charity begins at home.

I couldn't agree more the immigrants are here because it's an easy country where they've strike gold with their lives oh! the freedom you can do what you want they even put you before their own people if I know there is another country like england where immigrants gets the best I'll be gone tomorrow without a backward glance.