Car Reposession HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I woke up this morning to find my car gone

I had a Mercedes that I bought 2 years agoi and defaulted over a year ago which I have ben unable to pay as I have been out of work.

I thought it may have been stolen so telephoned the police and they looked into it and suggested I contact the finance company (Mercedes Benz Finance) which I did and they have no record of reposession and suggested I speak to their legal representatives (euro debt recovery)

MB Finance and Euro Debt all have my old address but I guess they may have caught up with me.

Where do I stand? - If they have repossessed the car, they have entered the property (closed gates somehow and on driveway) and taken the car, left no note or given me back my personal belongings, asked me to sign for anything or completed any damage report......

Any ideas? - I am getting my accountant to speak to them on my behalf but if they have repossesed the car, given the above what can I do?

UPDATE

My accountant has spoken to the DCA Euro Debt recovery and apparently they say they have not reposessed it but do have my current address?!

I then spoke to Police who say they were informed this morning that Eurodebt had recovered the vehicle.

I then called Euro Debt who said they hadnt ben made aware but will chase up and find out...........

What should have happened if it has been reposessed?

Can anyone help?

Edited by dave1509

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I have had my car reposessed via EuroDebt Recovery

They have returned most of my items but not an ipod, headphones or a silver ring that was in the glovebox. They say they have an itinerary that was completed by the recovery agent (not done on my premesis)

They enetered the premesis, took the car and did not put a note through or anything, I had to chase them

What can I do - Is there some legislation about how they should go about this or any protection to recover my 'Stolen' items?

Please can someone help?

• 1 month later...
Hi Everyone,

I have had my car reposessed via EuroDebt Recovery

They have returned most of my items but not an ipod, headphones or a silver ring that was in the glovebox. They say they have an itinerary that was completed by the recovery agent (not done on my premesis)

They enetered the premesis, took the car and did not put a note through or anything, I had to chase them

What can I do - Is there some legislation about how they should go about this or any protection to recover my 'Stolen' items?

Please can someone help?

Hello, I'm so sorry you didn't get any replies at the time but your thread has now been moved to a new forum, so if you still need advice I'm sure there'll be plenty of people ready to help :)

IF your car finance was a HP agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 then the answer is yes there is legislation that can give you very good cause for complaint.

Do you have any proof that they repossessed the car from your premises??

• Haha 1