Welcome Car Loan - paid off...or is it?

hulldebtor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, please can anyone help?

Had car finance for 3 years with Welcome, last full payment due this week, rang to confirm only a few quid outstanding, and to my surprise a £100 charge has been put on my account in the last month or so.

Welcome state that as the loan is 2 months over the original 3 year term (rang them on a couple of occasions when things really tight and they gave me a month hiatus each time from payment)

I have paid this religiously (albeit over 38-39 months instead of 36) nothing in my contract about this £100. They state it's in 'terms and conditions' which i cannot remember getting, as i keep all paperwork.

Any advice on the legality of this and where i stand please?. It may sound a triviality to some but i am not in a great fiscal state and that £100 could be put to better use feeding my children.

Any advice gratefully received

Thanks

Hi do you have a copy of your agreement with the terms? Its no doubt late payment charges which can be claimed back against the account. Do you have a recent statement?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Hi,

The last statement i got from them was end Oct - outstanding balance £664, since then have paid £462 with another payment due this week, i made the outstanding balance then ~£50, i have the agreement at work wjich i can try and upload tomorrow, but just wondered if there were precedents of this?

Many thanks

I would be inclined to send a CCA request which costs £1 as they should then send you a copy of your agreement and a current statement - i know you already have your copy of the agreement but this way would ensure no discrepancies between copies also. Can pretty much guarantee there are unlawful charges bumping up your balance and these can be removed/refunded to the account with a simple letter once you know how much they are etc

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

hi

welcome often include an option to purchase fee which is required to be paid on the date of the last payment and usually is for a hundred pounds

in welcome true fashion they include it within the first statement so check to see if you have an add hoc fee at the begining of your statement for £100

so you dont pay it twice

essexboy

Thank you for the advice earlier this week, have just spoke to the manager at my local branch and he states the £100 charge is an 'option to buy' clause - surely the ~£150 that i have paid monthly for 3 years is an indication i thought i was buying the blooming car! lol

Please may i ask has anyone come across this 'option to buy' clause before?