Debt collector harassment on Facebook.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this is an America News story, but usually what happens over there ends up happening here too. What better for a DCA to get access to your facebook profile and look through your photos, etc to see if you're likely to have some cash/assets.

The other thing I noticed that in the USA they stated that it is illegal for a DCA to lie about who they are to obtain information and there is a $1000 fine if they are caught doing this. All the protection we see to have is OFT and CSA "guidelines", which as we all know, they blatently ignore.

So how long before the DCA's here start using Facebook as another tool in their, "professional tracing systems".

I can see it now. Threats of having your doorstep removed by a doorstep collector and Moorcroft's Pre-court division appearing in your news feed. :rolleyes:

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

As far as I know they already do use this, and twitter. There are no depths to which this filthy ****-stained industry will not sink. There are no lies that they will not tell. Until the UK Government clamps down on these dirty tricks, they will continue to sink lower and lower

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

TBH - taking into consideration how low these maggots will go, I really am not surprised.

However, if these eejits actually did post on your facebook wall etc, it deffo suggests that the "dislike" button should be encouraged by the facebook team sooner rather than later. In fact, perhaps a "Booooooooooo, hisssssssssssssssss" button??

I'm always very careful who I add as a facebook friend. If I don't know them, then they don't get added, simple as that. I also set the security settings so anyone who's not in my friends list cannot see anything worthwhile. It's amazing how many people have their whole profiles open for anyone to view. They're just asking for trouble.

I once had a DCA employee from Frederickson International posting stuff about my account on my now famous paying with a christmas card video on Youtube. He left about 5 comments regarding my account. Once I had complained to them about their employee's actions they were removed. Somehow I don't think he works there anymore. :rolleyes:

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I'll have to change my privacy settings now. I don't want that lot seeing the restoration work I've got happening on the west wing, nor the Sunseeker and the Rollers in the background. Damn.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

TBH - taking into consideration how low these maggots will go, I really am not surprised.

However, if these eejits actually did post on your facebook wall etc, it deffo suggests that the "dislike" button should be encouraged by the facebook team sooner rather than later. In fact, perhaps a "Booooooooooo, hisssssssssssssssss" button??

Might I suggest an "FOAD" button especially for DCAs?