Confirmed CCJ is on wrong file but no-one will help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

**Written by my partner**

Right, I think this is the right section of the site but I will be asking specific questions in the relevent forums as they arise....

A few years ago my mother defaulted on her joint loan with my dad and had a CCJ issued...

Now your thinking this is the norm yes? Well here is how this time it's a little different.....

The CCJ is on MY credit file with MY name, HER D.O.B and has labelled me as MRS X instead of Miss X!!

Only our surnames are the same (first names are NOTHING ALIKE, not even middle names) and we registered at the same address (I was living at home at the time). Nothing else linked in any way.

The CCJ was for over £15k and has now been fully settled. Yet it is still on my file as unsettled, well it shouldn't be there at all lol!

I have spoken to the Court who issued the CCJ (Telford County Court) and the Registry trust and they BOTH state that the information is correct, the court have my mothers details and nothing about me there and the RT have my details!!

Where did they get my details from and how did it end up on the CCJ???

I have the court documents here and I am nowhere to be found and have a letter from Tesco Personal Finance (where the loan was from) stating that the loan is not mine and I am in no way connected to the debt.

I am at the end of my sanity as I have been trying for YEARS to get this removed as I have not been able to get ANY credit, not even a mobile phone contract! I really want to buy a house with my partner and just have normal chances at getting credit instead of this CCJ hanging over me!

I have contacted the ICO but now due to other issues all my phone lines are cut off from outgoing info and I am waiting an age for a reply to my e-mails....

What are my options? Or shall I just give in and wait till the CCJ comes off my file? :(

Thankyou for taking the time to read through my problem!

Hi vjohn82,

No the CCJ was only settled a few months ago but was issued a few years back...

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by who is recording the CCJ?

I have the reply from Tesco in writing stating that the debt is not and never has been mine, a letter from Experian stating that they cannot change the info and that it is just a copy of the records held at Registry Trust LTD...

Registry Trust LTD said over the phone that the details are NOT incorrect, even though I had the court files in my hand! They weren't willing to pursue the matter further....

Basically everyone keeps blaming the other person and I am going round in circles!

At the start, none of them would talk to either me or my mother as the details were mixed so they couldn't trust either of our identity....

I hope you can see why it has been frustrating!

I agree...

Discard what I said about "who" is recording the info... I was under the impression it was just the CRA and not Registry Trust.

I feel that the issue you are coming up against is the "call centre monkey effect" - that is no one will help you over the phone because they simply do not have the skills to do so.

You need to write a letter with FORMAL COMPLAINT at the top of it and send it to Registry Trust. This is simply to make them aware in writing of the complaint.

Secondly, and most importantly, you need to write to the court that is recording the data because it is them who are responsible for the data processing. Address it to the Court Manager and again write FORMAL COMPLAINT at the top of the letter.

Once you have done this I suspect that the record will be remove in its entirety within 14 days.

Fabulous, I will get the letters finished tomorrow and add the extra bits you suggested (makes sense now you have said it but wouldn't of thought of it really) and get them sent off with proof via recorded delivery.

I just hope that they will remove all trace of the CCJ on all records for me as I really would like to have decent credit for once and I can finally look at getting a phone contract and once my credit is really good a house :)