Repossed by SPML now being chased for £103k by a debt collector

Guest MamaG1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest MamaG1

Thanks Caro,

I did think so my self, they look like abunch of caricatures. Is this really real. they even ahsd anotehr shhetof paper in the enveleope with accronyms in it. the meaning of some words and their abbreviations. who do you think we are dealing with here please.

I was going to write them, to ask for more info. but can you advise me what to write in the request please, maybe I aught to spell it all out for them or should I not do that??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I wouldn't, but it's your request so do what is right for you. Obviously there are documents that they should have if they want to enforce this.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest MamaG1

SO what should I write to them then plese Caro.

Just write them to say their responce is in aicuate and that they should provide me with ??.

Thanks

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest MamaG1

Many thanks Caro,

Apologies I took a while to get back, I have been really bugged dwn and stressed with all this and hence taught I needed to see my parents, hence the delay. and tell them all what I am going through.

I am sending DLC the letter by recorded delivery today.

In addition, can I ask to clarify the days with the compliance, is it 40 working days or 40 normal days. for them to comply pls.

I am taking it as 40 normal days, hence saying they have now not complied within the time limit. The SAR letter is dated the 4th of April.

So i will use the template 2, I will attach the final version I use to the site for your info.

Cheers

But just to

Edited by MamaG1
updating

Guest MamaG1

Hi I have attached the letter I sent them. I edited it a bit.

I am having problems uploading the responce doc. will re-try with some ones help later today.

None compliance to SAR-1b.doc

Edited by MamaG1

It's 40 normal days (calendar) not working days.

This may be of interest to you. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/169002-mortgage-shortfall-important-new.html#post1821881

Guest MamaG1

Thanks Caro

Many thanks, i took it as the normal calendar days too.

I have read and digested this and I am awaitng their responce to my correspondence, attached above.

Many thanks for your assistance, support and guidiance on this.

I will update you once i have heard from them, in the mean time I think they will be in the same position as above in which case they know they cant take me to court on this.

he figures are also all wrong, with all the interest they added after repossesion, charges and interest at the rate of the mortgage etc. Hence the figures are all wrong anyway.

Edited by MamaG1

• 6 months later...

I seem to have not received any responce or re-plies from any other caggers why is this pls.?.

I have not heard from the cowboys since then. They all went quite and hence I went quite too, however, I reported them to the FSA and inquired form the FSA for the name of the broker that got me into this big mess in the 1st place, he was not listed nor was his company listed with the FSA.

I gave his address I knew and the company name, and it is non existance as well.

Wow!!!, I was flbagasted, just as the FSA guy who spoke to me was, I have googled this company name adress etc and no no. This chalked me to my bones, and the FSA officer asjked me to demand that SPML if they come back to me explain why they dealth with such irreputable and dudgy representatives, and that they also have to take responsibility for their unprefessionalism.

I left it at that I taught I will only write them if they write me.

But I received as letter from them 2 days ago, I am so scared to open it. I will have to today though at some point. I was going to send it back and not opened and hope they will just go away ??. If they think they can get thier filty hands on my current propertty then they have something else coming to them.

Pleaseplease advise.