style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Whats the history of the Credit Card debt ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

Whats the history of the Credit Card debt ?

Card issued 2008, Credit limit of £550, but balance always around £300 - £475

Stopped using the card early 2010, notified the bank, of my financial problems, made sure I paid the min payment of £23, for a short time, until accepted onto the dpp, got the odd letter, which were sent on to the payment distributors; 2011 payments should have been made through the dept payment plan, but now as I understand nothing been paid to my rbs debt for the last 2 years

I'd think a complaint to your money advisor asking them to add this debt to your DAS would be the way to go, see what they say.

I'd think a complaint to your money advisor asking them to add this debt to your DAS would be the way to go, see what they say.

If it's only the debt collector stating that no payments have been made, I would check your DPP online as the payments may be going to the original creditor. It is not uncommon for collection agents to try and have payments re-directed, however the advisor cannot do this without the written consent of the original creditor. Furthermore, collection agents very often confuse DAS with debt management and try and press for additional payment , they have been very slow to get the hang of DAS. When you entered the scheme all included debts would have been detailed in the application.

If all included debts were detailed in the application and the payments have been going to the original creditor (RBS) why would they pass the debt on to DLC.

If all included debts were detailed in the application and the payments have been going to the original creditor (RBS) why would they pass the debt on to DLC.

Never had an explanation to this one, but I can absolutely assure you that it is a frequent occurence and one that causes total confusion, so much so that the Scottish Accountant in Bankruptcy MUST Be notified and a notice of assignment must be produced before re-direction to a third party agent.

In almost all cases it is the original creditor that is notified that an application has been granted and therefore the payments will be dircted to the original account. This situation often accurs even if there was third party involvement at the outset, in other cases it is passed on following approval,I can only assume that the original creditors offload the debt rather than administer the reduced payments.

Against this background, it is always wise to check before assuming that the debt has been excluded.

I hope this information is of assistance

Edited by Crocdoc
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Just to update

Seeing I have never had access to my DPP account on DASH, and on checking this I find errors, now good on AiB, and my money advisor, they both checked my information, even the missing credit card, and payment for a debt which I didnt even owe money on

everything has now been resolved, and variation on my dpp, in currently ongoing, even my overpayments have now been added on to my DPP