MCS Up to Nasty Tricks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

We have been living in Oz for 6 months now and have recently had some relatives being contacted re a parcel that is addressed to our old address. I phoned the number and spoke to Erin (MCS) who continued the strange sounding story to the point where she wanted my address at which point I hung up. She then left 2 phone messages saying firstly that she would get her track and trace dept onto it and secondly that facebook was a great way of finding out all they needed to about me!!!

Does anyone know the likelyhood of them persuing this further?

Do they actually have the ability to ID a foriegn phone number?

Can they access Facebook type sites?

I cannot claim to have been an angel prior to leaving the UK as I may have left unpaid overdrafts and a couple of personal loans (HBOS, Cahoot, DFS). A side issue would also be the Ltd company that was left (Vat & Corp Tax owing).

Hello and Welcome, glasses.

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

They have various methods of tracing people, depending on the size of the debt will depend on hard they try. If they do find you they'll inundate you with threatening letters etc & then possibly pass it on to a debt collector in Oz, but to be honest there isn't a great deal they can do.

Have a read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/overseas-debt/221573-debt-being-chased-australia.html it's a bit long I'm afraid but it will show you how others in a similar situation have dealt with things and what your rights are.

Also have a look at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/overseas-debt/250889-can-i-sued-overseas.html which shows the legal situation.

In the meantime, if they 'phone again do not speak to them just hang up. Eventually they'll get the message. ;)