CP plus st Moto Frankley

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a PCN from them and wrote to appeal using a letter I found online, stating mitigating circumstances (unable to afford fine as husband had left me 10 days earlier and do not work and have children, not able to contact the people I was meeting, there longer than two hours as their flight was delayed) and also that the charge was not in proportion etc etc.

Anyway, they have now written and thanked me for my letter and said that the PCN was issued correctly and legally according to the DVLA code of practive and BPA guidelines.

Should I ignore this letter or write back and say that I refer them to my original letter as they have not responded to any of the points that I made and say that I await their answer?

Thanks.

The vehicle was recorded parked from 14.09 to 17.09 and they state the conditions of free parking for two hours and quote the signs (which I did not see). They then wrot eback and pointed out that the manage the car park in accordance with terms and conditins that are displayed on signage throughout the parking area.

Clear signs inform customers of the need to pay a parking fee for all stays exceeding two hours, which was not paid on this occasion.

They ignored the mitigating circumstances and comments about the amount of the fine and asked for £50 (reduced charge) in 14 days of the letter received today, otherwise they want £80.

Thanks.

As you have discovered, they never allow appeals. It's a [problem]. DO NOT contact them again, DO NOT pay, and ignore all the threats they send you. Eventually they will give up.

Oh, and its not a PCN, its an invoice. PCN's are issued by councils, not low life [problematic].

As you have discovered, they never allow appeals. It's a [problem]. DO NOT contact them again, DO NOT pay, and ignore all the threats they send you. Eventually they will give up.

Oh, and its not a PCN, its an invoice. PCN's are issued by councils, not low life [problematic].

OK, thanks. I meant PCN as in parking charge notice not penalty charge notice.

What should I expect to receive next?

Thanks.

Once again drivers are being penalised for doing the right thing and taking a break from driving. On the one hand the government urges you to stop and take a rest if you feel tired, then these private parking morons come along and penalise you if you stay "too long".

When you think about it motorway service areas are just glorified lay-bys. You can stop as long as you want in a lay-by, so why should you be penalised for stopping in a motorway service area?

Once again drivers are being penalised for doing the right thing and taking a break from driving.

I made that point in my letter, I'd been driving since 9am, it was 2pm and I was tired and could not drive any further.

they are not the police they have no powers

its an INVOICE

not a penalty charge notice [the only ones you should pay.

totally ignore it.

5-6 letters from various 'desks' or mores the truth, the sec just changes the letterhead in the same printer.

ignore!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Once again drivers are being penalised for doing the right thing and taking a break from driving. On the one hand the government urges you to stop and take a rest if you feel tired, then these private parking morons come along and penalise you if you stay "too long".

When you think about it motorway service areas are just glorified lay-bys. You can stop as long as you want in a lay-by, so why should you be penalised for stopping in a motorway service area?

My run in with CP Plus ties in nicely with this one, cheeky f**kers i only stopped to grab an over priced coffee n grab an quick kip because i could feel my eyes going after working all night, cant wait to recieve the next love letter :grin: