style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interestingly they list the possible doom I face

Current amount xxx

Solicitors fees for issue of claim form 50.00

Court fees for issue of claim form 30.00

Solicitors fees for getting judgement 25.00

Predicted amount outstanding xxxxxxxxxxxxx.00

(Bold is original)

They seem to assume that if they did go ahead with this that it would be unchallenged.

No it isn't unlawful. The trouble is, English Courts can assert jurisdiction and if it isn't challenged, and a CCJ issued, a Sheriff Officer can accept the Warrant and execute it, in much the same way as it would be down south.

It would require the the court receiving the instructions from the pursuer to note the address had a Scottish postcode, and reject it - but most will process it as they get paid if they do.

Facing up to a SHeriffd Officer with a Warrant from an English Cpurt cannot be dismissed as inappropriate or unlawful, the trick is to prevent it being issued in the first place. (And you to this by writing to the English Court, pointing out they have no Jurisdiction, and the action falls. They tell the pursuer and keep the money.

It won't happen - it costs them money to raise an action and that works against their business plan of intimidation for profit. If you DID receive a summons, you return it to the Court by Recorded Delivery, marked 'Defender outwith Jurisdiction'. If you wanted to be bullish, you could add you will accept service from a Scottish Court.

• 2 weeks later...

Our new best friends, Debt Recovery Plus (surely a more apt name would be Debt Recovery Minus), have written to us again.

This time they say they have "referred your case to our client and proposed issuing County Court procedings against you".

Apparently however their client are now willing to "accept a reduced amount" as long as we pay within 7 days.

Such nice people.:razz:

This is the second time they issued the "within the next 7 days" ultimatum, the first was nearly 2 weeks ago and on neither occasion have they said when the next 7 days starts and both letters have been dated at least 3 days before they have arrived.

From looking at other cases, is the "reduced amount offer" the start of the home stretch now ?

Yes, this is your last chance to snap up a 'bargain'. If this doesn't tempt you, they ivariably give up as it will then cost them lots of money to take it to the next stage.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I keep on hoping someone will flush but they keep coming back.

New letter now from Pasrking Collection Services Limited. Apparently they list TPS as their client but the heading on the letter is "DEBT PURCHASED" which I assume means they are acting on their own behalf.

Guess what ? They are offering me another discount as long as I pay in 10 days. This will be their ONLY offer.

Its obviously not that urgent as they say the 10 days starts from the date of the letter, and they sent it second class.

Assume ignore again ?

The popularity thing is beginning to get boring if I'm honest. Now if Lady GaGa was as demanding of me I would pay attention, but this lot just get annoying. I would like to send them a completely final pee off letter but I just can't summon the energy.

In short I would like to be apathetic to them but I just can't be bothered.

I come here to check in, provide updates and get guidence in case anything changes. And maybe to post stuff which may prevent others getting caught.

Oh and it wakes up the 'thread updates' bot to let me know about those threads I've been too busy to follow for months.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update for those people who complain that when PPCs go away nobody comes back to update their thread.

We have been giving everyone (PPC and 2 debt collectors (apparently)) the ignore treatment, no response, no phone calls, no appeals, nothing, nada. And we haven't had anything since my last posting above. No more letters, nothing.

So the message has to be hold out and just take no bait.

And if they come back we shall ignore them some more.

One thing I forgot to mention - the letter sequence has a twist here :

1st ppc letter, owner is responsible, blah blah, 7 days.

2nd ppc letter, ahh so you choose to ignore us, WE WON'T GO AWAY YOU KNOW

3rd ppc letter, final 7 days or thats it mister...

4th ppc letter, another final 7 days...

*quiet for weeks

1st debt collector threat 1

1st debt collector threat 2

1st debt collector - notice of intended litigation 1 - now we are really serious wah wah wah, toys out of pram...

1st debt collector - notice of intended litigation 2 - well you're ignoring us so we're going to get a big bruvver onto you

*quiet for week.

2nd debt collector threat 1

2nd debt collector threat 2 with discount and final (for the 8th time) 7 day warning.

2nd debt collector threat 3 now you're really for it

silence.